new echo1 bolt action

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Postby Steel Torrent » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll be interested to see what your opinion of this gun is Vaughn. I am skeptical of reviews done by the company selling the product. At the price, I was considering getting this. Seems solid but a buyer review is preferable.
Warning: If you are feeble and cringe at the sound of metal your face might implode.
Steel Torrent
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah I'll do a write up once I get it & test it out. I'll probably have it at Thunderstrike. I also got a tightbore barrel, spring upgrade kit, and a re-enforced sear. At this point I'm more interested in how it works rather than how it looks. Contrary to popular belief, airsoft isn't a freaking beauty pageant ;)
BoogeyMan

Team: RR KBAB

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Ok, this gun is ugly, but man does it shoot hard. When I'm able to get it to a chronograph I'll let you guys know. It's fairly easy to take apart. I switched out the barrel for a Madbull 499mm 6.03mm APS2. It functions just fine, however it sticks out of the barrel by about an inch (any ideas?).

Putting the upgraded piston & spring in today. I'll get pictures up when I can.
BoogeyMan

Postby Tombstone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:41 pm

The Maruzen version of this rifle allows you to swap the bolt handle from the right side to the left side, does echo1's allow the same?
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby The Clock » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Tombstone wrote:The Maruzen version of this rifle allows you to swap the bolt handle from the right side to the left side, does echo1's allow the same?

They claim that they will have a left handed bolt out soon.
The Clock
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tombstone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 pm

The Clock wrote:
Tombstone wrote:The Maruzen version of this rifle allows you to swap the bolt handle from the right side to the left side, does echo1's allow the same?

They claim that they will have a left handed bolt out soon.

Strange. On the Maruzen you simply unscrewed the bolt handle and screwed it back into the left side. I guess drilling another hole in the bolt is a $200 job.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby darkaces07 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Vaughn wrote:Ok, this gun is ugly, but man does it shoot hard. When I'm able to get it to a chronograph I'll let you guys know. It's fairly easy to take apart. I switched out the barrel for a Madbull 499mm 6.03mm APS2. It functions just fine, however it sticks out of the barrel by about an inch (any ideas?).

Putting the upgraded piston & spring in today. I'll get pictures up when I can.
you could cut the barrel down a little with a pipe cutter
darkaces07
Soldier
Soldier

Postby devilbear » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Vaughn wrote:Ok, this gun is ugly, but man does it shoot hard. When I'm able to get it to a chronograph I'll let you guys know. It's fairly easy to take apart. I switched out the barrel for a Madbull 499mm 6.03mm APS2. It functions just fine, however it sticks out of the barrel by about an inch (any ideas?).

you could get a mock suppressor or a cool looking flash hider that why you don't risk ruining your barrel by cutting it yourself
devilbear
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah that's what I don't want to risk is messing up the accuracy by cutting the barrel. Maybe I can find a mock suppressor and figure out how to mount that on there. I just upgraded the spring on it, and holy crap does it shoot hard. Kindof difficult to pull the bolt back, but that's due to the spring upgrade. Can't wait to get this thing to a crono.

It's put together pretty well. Sturdy. No, it doesn't have a left hand bolt option.
BoogeyMan

Postby devilbear » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm

does the orange tip not screw off?
devilbear
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm

No, it doesn't, or at least I'm too retarded/weak to get it off. I had to drill it to get the new barrel to fit through.
BoogeyMan

Postby Mack » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 am

Since it has an M4 style stock on there now, is it compatible with others? i.e. MAGPUL PRS or KAC Sniper Stock

WAR does not determine who is right, only who is left.
Mack
Ranger
Ranger

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 am

yes.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Merchant » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:27 am

As far as getting the orange tip off you could try doing what I did with my CA m15. I got some water lightly boiling and held the barrel tip in it to soften the glue. If that doesn't work, I don't know what the outer diameter of the barrel is, but if it is the same as the UTG L96 then a peice of PVC pip should fit almost perfectly over it. That is what I did for a suppressor on my L96. I used a little bit of masking tape to help friction fit it to the barrel.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LiquidSnak » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 pm

I would be willing to cut and crown your barrel. Or the PVC outer doesn't sound like a terrible option, either.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers