JBAR 10 > KJW M700

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Postby CBeran » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

The pull will vary depending on the strength of the spring itself. The one in the ASR kit, which I estimate shoots right around 500-550, is not too bad. As far as the exact pull I'm not sure, but someone on AP could probably tell you.

The L96 is a little bit bulky, but you get used to it. The only part on it that feels really bulky to me is the front of the stock, where it is molded in a square shape. As far as being too big, I doubt you would have trouble using one. It really doesn't feel too much longer than most other bolts I have used (except the VSR). It is a little weighty for a spring bolt, but compared to most of the gas replicas I have used, it still feels light.
CBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby Amos » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:03 am

Beran wrote: i saw one man with a suppressed M700 hold off a dozen guys across a creek bed at carlton. they couldn't find him at all, and he was picking them off like it was nothing at 250+ feet through brush.

And that was with a non-HPA Tanaka mag. ;)
"We are going to find their pole. Then we are going to smoke it. We are going to smoke their pole." -Summers
Amos
Specops
Specops

Postby malik » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 pm

And how much do you think he spent on upgrades on THAT? I am leaning towards a JG BAR10 as my first sniper platform... As it is not so expensive I'd be committed to it, and not so cheap it would function badly.
We want 'em to know if they're gonna leave a bomb on the side of the road, first, we're just gonna blow up their little f**kin road.
malik
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Amos » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Heh, I think he* spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 at the time of the Carlton game in question. He* has spent significantly more on upgrades since that point.

*He is me. :P
"We are going to find their pole. Then we are going to smoke it. We are going to smoke their pole." -Summers
Amos
Specops
Specops

Postby malik » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Nice, once I have a job or a stable income of some kind. I am going to make myself a ridulously expensive sniper loadout. Just because I like single shotting than semi-auto or full auto.
We want 'em to know if they're gonna leave a bomb on the side of the road, first, we're just gonna blow up their little f**kin road.
malik
Soldier
Soldier

Postby malik » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:11 pm

I think JG BAR for now, KJW or Tanaka for future.
malik
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Carpet » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 pm

malik wrote:I think JG BAR for now, KJW or Tanaka for future.

Try to get the most out of your BAR without upgrading sears and spring. Put in cheap things like a TBB, and hop up. Learn to play with your not so fast shooting sniper rifle, so when you get your expensive, godly bolt, you will know how to use it to its full potential. Always remember, the shooter makes the gun, the gun does not make the shooter, only decides how the shooter must play.
Carpet
Specops
Specops

Postby KA-BAR » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Carpet wrote:

Try to get the most out of your BAR without upgrading sears and spring. Put in cheap things like a TBB, and hop up. Learn to play with your not so fast shooting sniper rifle, so when you get your expensive, godly bolt, you will know how to use it to its full potential. Always remember, the shooter makes the gun, the gun does not make the shooter, only decides how the shooter must play.

+1 in a major way.
KA-BAR

Postby Mack » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Amos wrote:
Beran wrote: i saw one man with a suppressed M700 hold off a dozen guys across a creek bed at carlton. they couldn't find him at all, and he was picking them off like it was nothing at 250+ feet through brush.

And that was with a non-HPA Tanaka mag. ;)

And that's why he's "A #1 Sniper!"

WAR does not determine who is right, only who is left.
Mack
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Rentax » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Some one's selling their M700 take down for $150 here
http://www.airsoftpacific.com/ads_item.php?id=6087
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby kaisersoldat » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:33 pm

KA-BAR wrote:
Carpet wrote:

+1 in a major way.

I just got a BAR in exchange for a P229, and it's pretty darn accurate, even though I was shooting lightweight .25g ammo in it. Honestly, from what I read, they've been discontinued due to TM suing JG for basically ripping off their designs, that's why they're completely compatible with TM parts. You can make a pretty good sniper platform with minimal effort using one of these, all you really need is a tightbore, perhaps a better hopup unit, and you should be golden.
kaisersoldat
Recruit
Recruit

Previous

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers