My ARES AW338 and Evike Ordeal

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

My ARES AW338 and Evike Ordeal

Postby Arbiter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, well.. I wasn't sure where exactly to post this one so I just went with this. A few months ago I was looking at the ARES AW338 and drooling over it.. It IS a beautiful rifle! So I mustered up enough funds to buy myself one of these things, And after looking around a bit I found that evike had the best price so I decided to order it from them, knowing how horrible they are with stock and such and this being a "special order" gun. I proceeded to call them and ask how soon they would be able to get me the gun. The guy on the phone said he would ask the retailer and give me a call back. So I waited about 3 hours and finally I got a call back! He told me that If I placed the order within' the next day or two that they could get it in in 2 days and he would put a free rush on the processing. Soooo.... after I hung up I decided I should think about it... After ehh I dunno mabey 2 minutes I was filling out the order form. lol

Annnddd I waited...

And waited.....

And waited........

And waited.............

And I waited some more...

AND WAITED MORE!

So Finally I called them and asked them where the Heck my gun was.
The polite man asked calmly, and almost half asleep, if I would hold for a few minutes. I said sure.. after about 10 minutes he comes back on and says that it will be another couple of weeks. So of course I asked why?! He just said "have a nice day" and hung up........

To make a rather long story short about 3 or 4 weeks after that I receive an email saying they are processing my order and 3 days after that its shipped! So excited I can hardly wait I checked my tracking number every day. Until it finally Arrived.

When I got it I immediately cut open the box pulled out that plane ugly brown box containing my gun... Slowly opening it to reveal my rifle I had waited so long for! It was beautiful! Annndd.... In pieces...? Kinda just thrown in the box..? wait what?.... I mean for a freakin' 500 dollar gun you'd think mabey they'd utilize that nice black foam stuff they used a little better..? Well anyways I pulled it all out and started putting it together quite honestly it looked as if it had seen 1000 shots through the thing already... but I continued on and got it all together and filled it with gas and BB's and try to rack that wobbly poorly designed bolt and it got stuck and I had to half pull the trigger and push the button on the side and push it back in. Then as its closing it gets stuck on the magazine and I had to kinda wiggle it around to get it to feed it in. so finally I am ready to pull the trigger and here we go the big moment!.......*click*............ nothing ......... So I tried again it got stuck again and nothing once more... and same story a *click* but this time it fed a wee bit of gas in enough so that the BB actually made it out of the barrel... To drop right to my feet...
So I pulled out the mag tried putting more gas in... No use it was already full.. checked the valve nothing wrong perfectly fine... Anyways it ended up being the bolt! the hammer that is supposed to be hitting the gas release valve thing wasn't hitting with enough force to even touch it....... so po'd I called Evike and complained and all they did was tell me that I had to fill out a form thing on their website. Which I did. Almost a week afterwards I get my RMA number and they said I have to find a way to ship it back to them..... Soooo I did.... they got it 3 days later and 4 days after not hearing from them after they received it I called... THEN they inspected it... A day or two after that they accepted it... And a week after that I got my money back.

So my conclusion I will never buy from either Evike nor ARES again.

But I guess I will cover the pros and cons of the gun just because.

PROS:
-Great build materiel
-Beautiful gun all in all
-Came with a Bi-pod, Scope mount and.. A Oh so Fascinating speed Loader! ;)
-Full trade marks
-Mostly realistic Weight and balance
-Cool open bolt design

CONS:
-DIDN'T WORK!
-Bipod didn't quite fit right
-Came looking like it was well used
-Poorly packaged
-Expensive!
-One of those Freakin' 2 foot Orange tips! (4-5 inches)
-The rear monopod falls out if you accidently if twist it when its fully extended
-Took forever to get here!
-The stock had some molding burs which can be easily removed... but still annoying
-The butstock does not adjust very well unlike they advertise
-Can I say DIDNT WORK any louder?!?!

Anyways... Overall.. It sucked... allot.... haha anyways...I'm out!
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Snowman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:46 pm

It wasn't Ares' fault, their AW338s are actually pretty good...if you get them from someplace else other than Evike...
top lel
Snowman

Postby Arbiter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Hahahahaha well mabey.. I still probably wont buy anything from them cause of that..
"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Regular Guy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Go to Evike's Facebook page and write a survey. Be factual and describe as clearly as you can about your experience.

http://surveys.ratepoint.com/survey/8d5 ... fe0387c343
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Similar story with my AW-338, except for the shipping ordeal. once I got it I expected it to at least contend with the average airsoft snipers out there, and especially for the price, but it barely preformed any better than an on Echo 1 AEG I had. Also the fact that I couldn't pull the bolt all the way back without it coming out of the receiver didn't help either. Although it looks absolutely amazing, except for the "made in china" stamped into the receiver.
Lumberjack
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Strategic Team Operations Regiment of Multnomah

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers