dragunov svd. most powerful AEG spring

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

mhmmmm

Postby mcninja242324 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:44 pm

well ive got it at a good 480 right now, so maybe not a new spring but a piston cap, or tight bore barrel. the thing is i dont know much about that stuff, especially piston caps, and if i did find one online, how would i know if it fits my gun, or is even better than the one i have. is there a page explaining this? because when the dragunov shipped it had no info papers or anything.
mcninja242324
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Paladin101 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 am

weasle8877 wrote:Really, I had to down grade my spring so that the sear wouldn't fail in the cold. Also were does one get this gen. 2 SVD and when did it come out?

Weasle we got them at Precision Airsoft when we ordered the "restock" from one of A&K's distributors. They honestly didn't say anything about changes, the most obvious thing we noticed was the magazine, and thank god because those hicaps sucked. Then we took one apart to check out the rest. I'm sure every other US retailer had a similar occurrence. Probably safe to say anyone that has them has the Gen 2 as there was a pretty big gap in availability.
Paladin101
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hallowground » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:02 am

hold on, i know it's kind of a tool move, but can i point out that the D in SVD is dragonova as in snaiperskaya vintovka dragonova, so calling it a dragonov SVD is kind of redundant. i've noted the same about the TAR 21, which some refer to as the tavor tar 21. just saying. also, does anyone know if the upgrade sears have come out yet? seems like it's been enough time for them to produce it.
forgive my ignorance, it happens to everyone.
Hallowground
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CalvinB » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Wellllll.... Dragonova is the possessive form of the guy's name, snaiperskaya vintovka dragonova is basically "the sniper rifle designed by Yevgeny Fyodorovich Dragunov" however, most people know of this rifle simply as the dragonov. Since dragonov designed multiple weapons (the SVD being by far the most popular, but not the only one) calling it a "Dragonov" is kind of like calling a 1911 a "Browning". At the same time, calling it just SVD, would cause most people, probably most even in the community, to scratch their heads and think for a minute about the weapon you are talking about. Moreover, this is America, the nomenclature than we use is to name the designer/manufacturer, then the model name (Sig Sauer P226, Glock 17 and Remington 700). The Russians on the other hand work the designer into the model name of the weapon (SVD, AK line, PPSh, Dragunov, Kalashnikov and Shpagin respectively).

Basically, Dragunov SVD. Redundant, maybe. Proper Russian nomenclature, Probably not. Common usage in English, yes.
I DID NOT INVENT THE INTERNETS FOR THIS
CalvinB
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Hallowground » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 pm

point accepted.
forgive my ignorance, it happens to everyone.
Hallowground
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers