the Shooters

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

the Shooters

Postby KA-BAR » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:58 am

WHO ARE THE SHOOTERS?

hey all, KA-BAR here. today i thought i would talk a little about the people who practice the dark arts of airsoft. These are names that are well known in the community, for bettering the sport, fair play/sportsmanship, knowledge of fieldcraft, and some strike fear into the hearts of the average rifleman on the field.

there are alot of people in the community with bolt actions. just having one in your tool box doesnt neccessarily put you in this catagory of shooter. how often do you field it, and when you do field it, how good are you with it. also alot of the people have put the time and effort into thier platforms and fieldcraft and are well known for it. attending sniper specific events also was a major determining factor.

did they go to

Gunny's 2002 scout sniper course
Gunny's revised scout sniper/ bolt action saftey course
BSP scout sniper challenge 1

also this is not about the role of a sniper on the field, because lets face it, a radio is more valuable then your rifle is, to a point. so the reason for this article is as a reference for future event hosts, when compiling rosters for important OPs where force multipliers are limited and crucial to the outcome of the battle.

the LEGENDS

very few people earn this title in the community. thier names are mere whispers on the lips of newbs, spat in hushed silence for fear if spoken too loudly, 6mm of "walk to spawn" will hit them from out of nowhere. they are the real ghosts. these are people who have actually been there done that, they have military experience, and have put bad men down, for good.

name: Withheld
callsign: Gunny
team: APST
experience: Real world. thats all you need to know.

Gunny is well know to be a real melon thumper from back in the day. he has been known to instruct a very few individuals on a personal level, and has donated his time and effort as a instructor for a Official AP scout/sniper course back in 2002 and revised and redone in 2006. i have not seen him on the field with a bolt action much, as he prefers to run with APST in a command role or as a DMR with a M14 in his hands.

Name: withheld (currently operating)
Callsign: BLKRIDA
Team: EATF

Experience: one of my former teammates on Troy Mohr's outfitt EATF, not many people now know about this player, unfortunately for us, he no longer plays airsoft as much as he would like to... BUT! fortunately for us, he has joined the United States Marine Corps, and is now a MOS 0317, and showing insurgents what real FPS with no respawn is all about. rumored to soon be home from the war, this entire community is looking forward to welcoming this warrior back into the game. semper fidalis brother!

the Contenders to the throne

everyone wants to be remembered. what you are remembered for is up to you, those who strive for greatness, will always look up to those they belive has what it takes. these are the contenders, and the future of bolt turning.

name: Tyler Lewis
callsign: Amos

experience: 5+ years of solid shooting come from this young man. the 1st place winner of the 1st annual BSP snipers challenge, Tyler has become a fearsome foe on the field. yet another of Gunny's pupils, Amos has made a name for him self as a very sneaky individual. his fieldcraft is very good, and he is well known for some of his HPA builds and DMR setups. lately he has not been rolling with a bolt action, but has favored other platforms, leaving the role of scout/sniper to some of APST's newer recruits.

name: Morgan Garrett
callsign: KA-BAR
team: DRAT

experience: 5+ years of solid bolt turning, the bolt action platform is by far this operators favorite platform to field. taking 2nd place at the 1st annual BSP scout/snipers challenge, and also well known for taking cheap bolt action clones and making decent shooters out of them. author of the Cheap sniper rifles and the newb 2.0, Morgan is a reliable shooter, well known for his fieldcraft skills that were all self taught. love or hate this guy, you cannot deny his on field sportsmanship, or determination to rise to the top of his class.

name: withheld
callsign: MACK
team: WAR

experience: yet another BSP scout/sniper compeditor, Mack took third place and has proven himself to be a solid shooter and a awsome benfit to team WAR. unfortunately for WAR mack has moved out of state, but still makes apperances here in Oregon from time to time.

the UP and Comming

these are guys that albiet, may be new to the community of bolt turners, they have proven themselves game after game to be solid shooters, great sports. still working on thier reputations, they still deserve every ounce of respect earned....anything less will get you calling out "HIT!".

name: Andrew Cooper
callsign: Jester316
team: PSC

experience: Jester has built himself a great reputation as a co-team leader for PSC, and can be seen on many occasions with a TSD SD700 on the field. enjoying the mobility and style that befits more of a DMR, Andrew likes to roll on the front lines of a engaugement supplying precise fire where needed. an excellent marksman, yet having never competed in a scout/sniper challenge, i am sure that if a new one were to come about, he just might place in the top. having never seen him in a ghillie, i am unsure of this Jester's fieldcraft capabilities, so this is left to be seen, or unseen.

name: Nick Evans
callsign: MAU
team:unknown

experience: not much is known about this character in this community persay. he is part of spokane airsoft, and a washington airsofter, but is well known for many articles regarding bolt action rifles. he also has one of the longest documented shots for a bolt action that i know of in video form. 310 feet...downhill, on a fat kid standing still, but a long shot none the less.

name: Chris Beran
callsign: Cberan
team: freelancer

experience: new to the scene, this youngster has proven that he wants to be known. his fieldcraft is very good for a beginner, and he has shown out to many games ready to play fair. truly going to be a scary good sniper very soon if not already.

name: Ray Beran
callsign: Rberan

experience: one of APST newer recruits, this player is father to none other then Cberan. when both combine thier forces, i am sure that father and son abushes have become the norm. the family that slays together stays together. yet another example of self taught fieldcraft.

name: Charles Shreves
callsign:Geshutz
team: SOTA

experience: another shooter who has been around the block, and decided to take up a bolt action, Chuck has taken a few names with a bolt action, and can be seen in a big bird suit from time to time.

name:Skip Stephenson
callsign: Nox
team: 172 ROTA
experience: nox is a long time player in this community. only in the past two or so years has he shown intrest in bolt actions, but jumped right off the deep end and built a HPA KJW rig, that i am sure was feared by many players in the southern Oregon region.

Honorable mentions

People not usually known for fielding bolt actions, these names go down in history as one off snipers, and valued assets. these people maybe do this role once or twice in thier entire airsofting career, but when they do, it is worth remembering.

name: Rick Raddue
callsign: Nightshade

experience: not know generally to take the field with a bolt action and a ghillie, this APST CQC assaulter did his force justice by relaying all enemy communications back to his team from a unrevealed location during OP: Gallent Saber II. here he is getting pinned by Gunny @ OP:GSII.

Missing in Action

people we have not seen or heard from in a while, but are remembered and still greatly valued assets in the community of bolt turners.

the G&G snipers
names: unknown
callsigns: unknown
team:unknown

experience: two brothers,these guys were awsome to go up against. many days were spent @ scapposse locked in counter sniper duels with this pair of brothers/snipers. both wielded highly upgraded G-specs, and only wore snipers viels to great effect. these guys are surely missed by many OPFOR teams they have supported in the past. where are you guys?

name: withheld
callsign: FLAK
team: PSC

experience: another freelance ghilliemonster, well know to show up to a skirm and sling 6mm from long range. i belive he has also moved out of state, and nolonger participates in this community. a shame too, he was good and also missed by many OPFOR teams he supported.

i am sure there are many more players out there who want to be on this list, and if i did not list you, please dont get angry, or feel left out. you can get a hold of me via PM with your information and picture sized appropriately, and i will list you in a newer catagory. hopefully this was helpful to those of you who wish to know who the faceless killers are that keep sending you walking back to respawn grumbling and moaning in shame.

this would make a great stickey!
Last edited by KA-BAR on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 17 times in total.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Team: N/A

Postby Rogue Reaper » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 am

Nice,
Tay was known as BLKRIDA here back in the day.

Most noted as the whistle of death at operation Enduring Horizon.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby Jester316 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 am

Morgan, Flak is "technically" part of PSC, and hails from Arizona now. He is a student at ASU, and from last I heard, relatively active in airsoft down there.

Also, the reason I don't run a ghillie, is because I haven't finished it yet... :D

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby CBeran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks for including me on your list KA-BAR. Just to clarify I am not a member of PF anymore.

Thanks again
CBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby Eyes On » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:34 pm

name: Bill Youngblood
callsign: Seagreen
team: none
experience: 7+ years of running as APST main bolt turner, under the direct tutilage of Gunny, is our very own Bill mother fuckin Youngblood. He is well known for he expert fieldcraft, and knowledge of everything airsoft. he is a expert level airsmith, creates custom tightbore barrels for AEG's and bolt actions alike. His platform builds are legendary....like the Deathstars 1 and 2 built off of CA M24 bases. spending most of his time doing real world training and Leading his production company Black Sierra Productions, bill is a driving force in the community on many levels. unfortunately this takes away from his playtime on the field, so not many newer player may know the face, but they sure know the legend.

^This.
Bill is the most talented non-school-trained/non-service-trained wookie I've ever met. He's better than a good chunk of school/service trained guys I've known or worked with. If Bill says you're on his list that day, expect to get hit from out of the darkness shortly after "game on" gets called.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby Nox » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:07 pm

My first ever run in with Bill was at Grid:18 and thankfully it was a friendly one!
We had just got done mopping up an assault made on our position when I made a move to get a different angle on a holdout attacker and got popped for my troubles. I pull my deadrag on, turn and begin trudging back to respawn through some tall grass..and I get the absolute SHIT scared out of me by Bill as he says "Hi Nox" nochalantly while he's belly down in the grass with his rifle across his wrists.
I jumped about a foot up in the air and a foot back...like he was a rabid groundhog or something...then made my walk to the respawn right over the top of him so his position wasnt given away by where my eyes were facing.
I didnt see him, didnt hear him, I smelled fear but it turned out to be my own..

He's one of the legendary bars I work to come close to being.
Nox

Postby Seagreen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks for the props guys. I appreciate it.

My skillset base within the role of scout/sniper is due to Gunny....and the few words that can be put here can't express the gratitude I have from that...so I'll just say: FUCKIN WERD.

Also...with any of the success I had, Ryan Chase is just as notable with the skills....He did more killin than I think I ever did when we were rolling.

I'm getting back into the mix though....I'm building the Deathstar v3...currently.
Last edited by Seagreen on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby KA-BAR » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm

changed my mind.

edit.
Last edited by KA-BAR on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Rogue Reaper » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:45 am

Just read through this again... Where is Nightshade aka Raddue.

Galant Sabre II awesomeness.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 am

if rick wants to be included, ill post him in, all he has to do is follow the INSTRUCTIONS.
KA-BAR

Postby Transition » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 am

CBeran wrote:Thanks for including me on your list KA-BAR. Just to clarify I am not a member of PF anymore.

Thanks again

thats cause you suck :badgrin: but seriously you deserve on this list if for nothing more than shooting chesty and than radioing him to gloat
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers