Upgrades for bar-10

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Upgrades for bar-10

Postby soccerspaz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:31 pm

WHich company has the better upgrades?

polarstar

laylax

prometheus

Also what is the best tightbore barrel to make 300 foot shots?
soccerspaz
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby YOGI » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 pm

I would say layax/prometheus. IMA its really up to you
YOGI
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Merchant » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Polarstar for piston, spring guide, PDI for barrel, Firefly for hop up bucking

Be careful miss matching manufactures in the cylinder, some use a 9mm base, and some a 7mm. (I believe PDI is 7mm, so all spring springuide, and piston will me 7mm). I might be wrong on that though, I just went with all Laylax internals.

For 300' you would want a PDI 6.01 with SGM .29g bb's. I have used SGM .29's and they shoot NICE, of course they should for $18 for 500bb's.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby landotheninja » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 pm

*sigh*
Wouldn't a quick trip through the stickies and the hundreds of other threads like this have dug up an answer? I realize I'm a n00b myself, but as a word of warning, be careful posting stuff like this. Teh mods haz teh banhammers.

To actually answer your question, I would say Laylax has the best cylinder products, Firefly makes the best hop-up nubs and buckings, and I would stay away from Polarstar completely, judging by the research I've done over a couple of years.
landotheninja
Grunt
Grunt

Postby phiz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 am

I put in a laylax zero trigger with piston, and was not impressed. The trigger is great, very smooth pull but the piston is poorly made. The rear nylon bushing is too small, it lets the piston rock enough to rub the inside, I still need to turn a new bushing on a lathe. Check out www.noobieairsoft.com, he has the same issues.

The most important part about upgrades and a consistant 300' torso hit is the installer. You need to make sure the leaks are sealed and the FPS variation is nil. Invest in a chrono, and be prepared to take it apart hundreds of times.
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:20 am

landotheninja wrote:*sigh*
Wouldn't a quick trip through the stickies and the hundreds of other threads like this have dug up an answer? I realize I'm a n00b myself, but as a word of warning, be careful posting stuff like this. Teh mods haz teh banhammers.

To actually answer your question, I would say Laylax has the best cylinder products, Firefly makes the best hop-up nubs and buckings, and I would stay away from Polarstar completely, judging by the research I've done over a couple of years.

so you have been researching bolt action rifles since you were 12 huh. yea i buy that one kiddo.

i know merchant to be a fellow bolt action enthusiast, and has put alot of time and effort to get where he is.

you on the other hand have not.

have you written any in depth articles about this subject matter? no , i didnt think so.

so instead of spitting trash and stupidity, spend more time reading and listening, then when you think you have formed a opinion, please keep it too yourself till you reach the age of 18 and will be taken seriously. cause right now, i just think your a scrub punk kid, with no knowledge what so ever.

to the original poster, merchant has laid out some great parts BASED off experience, not just to say things and waste breath.

your question has been answered.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby soccerspaz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm

okay so after relentless searching, i cannot find a polarstar 90 degree piston, so i have to decided to go with all laylax parts.... is the laylax piston stil good?
soccerspaz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Merchant » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:32 pm

soccerspaz wrote:okay so after relentless searching, i cannot find a polarstar 90 degree piston, so i have to decided to go with all laylax parts.... is the laylax piston stil good?

Laylax piston is still good. Keep in mind if you go with a Laylax zero trigger, it comes with the orange piston (90 degree) needed. Also like Phiz said there is the basic problem of the rear bushing. I've put more than a few hundred rounds through the rifle and haven't noticed any wear at all.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby soccerspaz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:27 pm

do you mean that the polarstar piston shows no wear or the laylax shows no wear
soccerspaz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby landotheninja » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm

so you have been researching bolt action rifles since you were 12 huh. yea i buy that one kiddo.

i know merchant to be a fellow bolt action enthusiast, and has put alot of time and effort to get where he is.

you on the other hand have not.

have you written any in depth articles about this subject matter? no , i didnt think so.

so instead of spitting trash and stupidity, spend more time reading and listening, then when you think you have formed a opinion, please keep it too yourself till you reach the age of 18 and will be taken seriously. cause right now, i just think your a scrub punk kid, with no knowledge what so ever.

Well, somebody's got his panties in a square knot. And yes, I have been researching bolties, and airsoft in general, for a while. In the opinions of other people, I have always been rather mature for my age. And on the conversation that journalism automatically makes you an expert, a very short reading into the local papers or TIME magazine would quickly flak that mindset out of the sky. I don't doubt Merchant's expertise by any variable of the imagination, in fact, I find him to be one of the most knowledgeable people on the site. Yes, I have an opinion, and yes, I will share it. If you don't like it, then shove it.

Yes, I realize this could be considered a necro.
landotheninja
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers