adjust the scope & FPS

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

adjust the scope & FPS

Postby erawansujana » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi, I bought my M324 sniper rifle from ebay. I would like to do is adjusting the scope. I read some article and it was confusing. Also, I got some BBs which was came out with the rifle, but I didn't know how much it weight. It is white BBs. Do you guys have any suggestion how to adjust the scope?
erawansujana
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Tactical Church » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Not to be a total a$$ but your 36 years old but you don't know how to adjust a scope?

sorry i have just heard about fake profiles on here. anyways to really help you out there are several ways to adjust the scope depending on the type or model of scope you have.

the most common way i have encountered so far is that the top and right nobs at the center of the scope could either

A: screw off and reveal a dial that you need to turn with a penny

or

B: there be a screw you need to loosen just enough so you can turn the nob left or right to adjust.

also one last thing, just because the BBs are white doesnt mean anything about the weight of the BB. Best thing to do would be to buy a bag of BBs that has the marking of the weight on the bag.

I hope this helps.
Never leave a man behind.

Tactical Church
Soldier
Soldier

Postby erawansujana » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm

I just let you know. I am 36 years old. I do NOT fake my profile. A little bit history of me, I haven't had sniper rifle before. I have a duffle bag full of airsoft in my country, Indonesia which is never has to have orange tips.
Well, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
erawansujana
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Tactical Church » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey man i feel bad about bashing you on the age. Total my bad and im sorry. In any case i do hope my advice helped. if not go ahead and write again and im sure other people could help you better.
Never leave a man behind.

Tactical Church
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 pm

hey yo! welcome to the wonderful world of bolt action.

if you have a rifle stand this is a plus.

set your platform up in a stand. make sure it is level.

set out a target about 25 feet away.

put three rounds in it. without moving the rifle or the stand, adjust the scope so that your crosshairs are over your shot group.

shoot another group. if it groups over the last set, then you are now "boresighted" as close as you can get for airsoft purposes.

your zero is now at 25 feet.

keep doing this process and moving your target further and further out, until you are hitting a paper plate at 180 feet away 8/10 shots.

your rifle is now dialed.

sidenotes:

adjusting your hop - up too far will push your BB out of the objective, and likewize setting it too low will drop so low, that you cannot adjust your elevation any lower. so make sure that your hop up is set so that there is only a slight rise in your BB during flight. this is as strait as it will ever get. once you hit the sweet spot, you can then fine tune the retical to suit your range assessments based off mildot readings.

use heavy BBs if you are shooting over 500 FPS like .30 ( my preference) or .40/.43's

sub 500 .25 or .28's

almost all of my long distance shots have been based off kentucky windage and a lil luck.

have fun shooting fools.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby ogrejager » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Tactical Church wrote:Hey man i feel bad about bashing you on the age. Total my bad and im sorry.

Obviously, English is not his first language. They probably don't have a lot of scoped rifles in Indonesia, either.

To the original post:

Post pictures of your scope and rifle and we can help you more.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Sixxgun » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 pm

top center knob is for elevation (up and down hehe) and right center knob is windage (left to right) on top knob to raise elevation turn ccw and down cw right knob ccw to adjust windage to the right and cw for left. Hope that helps.

Note: I check three scopes and all three were the same for adjustments
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers