Echo-1 M28 "slam-firing'

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Echo-1 M28 "slam-firing'

Postby Bulldog LV » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Well, my Echo-1 started slam firing aster my buddy used it at the last game.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I searched it up on youtube and didn't get anything.

Thanks
Bulldog LV
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm

yes.

the problem is the interface between your sear and your PLASTIC piston. the stock piston is all plastic. you need to upgrade the piston to a metal lipped piston.

the piston is easy to wear out, because the mating angle is not a 90 degree, it is more shallow. all metal lipped pistons will have a 90 degree face on the lip if its worth its salt.

pull your cylinder and check the lip of your piston for wear and/or damage. i garentee you , you have chipped or over worn the piston lip and it is now blown.

or...

you have a broken sear.

KA-BAR out.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Jester316 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Morgan is right, however there is one other possibility. The screws holding the triggerbox on may have loosened, causing the slam fire. This has happened to me a couple of times if I don't.

And Morgan, not all pistons need a 90 on them. Polarstar, ASGI, Laylax all make a 45 degree piston (I currently use one).

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Bulldog LV » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks. I'll break it open tomorrow and check it out.
Bulldog LV
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Merchant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

Jester316 wrote:Morgan is right, however there is one other possibility. The screws holding the triggerbox on may have loosened, causing the slam fire. This has happened to me a couple of times if I don't.

And Morgan, not all pistons need a 90 on them. Polarstar, ASGI, Laylax all make a 45 degree piston (I currently use one).

I had slam firing with a 90 degree Z-trig. I had to use thread lock to hold the trigger box on other wise it would loosen it's self after a few shots and need tightening again.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Diesel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm

here is some help from a guy who owns 2 m28's. the people above me are right to an extent, yes it is caused by the pastic piston but it doesnt have to have a lot of wear. The problem is the piston can get caught on the trigger because the tolerances on the trigger are very low and it results in a poorly shimmed loose trigger. The triggers on the m28 can be replaced with a pdi v triger. The spring guide can be used from a vsr 10. the piston is 100% unique. Airsoft gi is working on a new metal piston no word yet on a release date. Some snipers have moded pistons from other snipers however this takes great skill and i didnt want to take the time. no the piston out of a javelin m24 will not fit. anyway hope this helps
Diesel
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers