UTG snipers

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Postby RBeran » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 am

If I may clarify why an AEG first...

By the velocity rules of AP, a bolt action platform is allowed to chrono at 550fps. An AEG is limited to 400fps. (I will not address the semi-only DMR rule here.)

In this community as a sniper, to keep others safe, you MUST be able to judge your minimum engagement range. It is typically 50ft. That is DAMN close to get shot with a rifle shooting 550fps!! (I speak from experience).

You must have excellent trigger control. That means when someone gets the drop on you and surprises you, you take the out rather than popping him with a sniper rifle at close range.

The list goes on. Having a bolt action platform does NOT a sniper make. All the bolt turners in this community have been mentored by other, more experienced bolt turners. They have all been to the AP sniper training/competitions to hone their craft.

Get the AEG. Learn to use it to its fullest capabilities, and in the process hone your marksmanship. Also, learn and work on your fieldcraft i.e. the ability to sneak! Waaaaay more important to an aspiring sniper than the weapon, at least in the early stages.

I do not want to discourage, only point out safety is first, and carrying an airsoft rifle that powerful is a big responsibility, one better learned by training than assumed.

Victory through stealth, and disciplined aggression.
OGRE - Old Guys Rule Everything
RBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby Eddy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Wow, I did not know what I was typing O.o, what I was trying to say is, the UTG type 96 is compatible with a Maruzen type 96. And that UTG l96 has foam barrel spacers that are pretty shabby.
Eddy
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby RookieKillah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 am

If tha kid wants to be tha sniper, why shudn't he? Its not liek this is sum elete club of ppl or sumptin. Just guys shootin /b/itches in tha woods.

See ya on tha field, browski!
RookieKillah

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Switchback » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 am

RookieKillah wrote:If tha kid wants to be tha sniper, why shudn't he? Its not liek this is sum elete club of ppl or sumptin. Just guys shootin /b/itches in tha woods.

...Question Mark (?) will display my true feelings for me...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby ogrejager » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 am

RookieKillah wrote:If tha kid wants to be tha sniper, why shudn't he? Its not liek this is sum elete club of ppl or sumptin. Just guys shootin /b/itches in tha woods.

:banghead:

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Sixxgun » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Answer to every 13-17 year old question of what's the best sniper? It's not a what but a who and the answer is Ka-bar. :D
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby RBeran » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm

ogrejager wrote:

:banghead:

This x2.

Victory through stealth, and disciplined aggression.
OGRE - Old Guys Rule Everything
RBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby jdogbigmoney » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

what?????????????
public school strikes again!!!!!!!!
jdogbigmoney
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Steamroller » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:15 pm

DJ wrote:
Patrick750 wrote:No.

please never make a thread like this again.

Sir , give the kid some slack, please go review some of your earlier posts, this is the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Thank you for sticking up for him.
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Postby DJ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 pm

BigCamo67 wrote:
DJ wrote:
Patrick750 wrote:No.

please never make a thread like this again.

Sir , give the kid some slack, please go review some of your earlier posts, this is the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Thank you for sticking up for him.

You are welcome.....I have noticed that many of the younger people seem to attract great animosity from many of the "experienced adults", I have not yet attained perfection, so until I attain perfection, I am attempting to change the tone a little.........
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Previous

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers