jg bar 10 bolt push

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

jg bar 10 bolt push

Postby bushman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:51 pm

hey everyone, i was just wondering if anybody knows how to fix my problem. the problem is not the pulling of the bolt it is the pushing, it is like 2 times harder to push it back into the gun when compressing to fire, i have switched countless parts from new pistons to new sears but nothing. any thoughts????
bushman
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:58 am

Did you try swapping out the Cylinder? There is probably something jammed in between the cylinder and the reciver, or the cylinder is bent so that it is no longer circular.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby phiz » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 pm

You need a zero trigger or a lighter spring.

I also got a mazume teflon cyclinder from asgi and it makes it a little easier, but it seems to be wearing.

problem is the stock 45 sears pushes the piston hard against the cyclinder. the zero trigger holds the piston straight back, so no force goes against the cylinder.
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 pm

It's also the design of the bar-10 cylinder. By using an O-ring set up (vs a cup design ala the polarstar) you have constant pressure in all phases of the cocking. With the cup design, it doesn't put pressure on the cylinder when pushing.

You won't make it go away, but proper lubrication inside the cylinder will help. A Zero trigger would also help, but cost's more then the gun you'll be putting it in.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers