l96 gas to HPA

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

l96 gas to HPA

Postby Transition » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:29 pm

I searched, and I know some of you have converted rifles before. Looking for some help. Just got a G&G l96 gas and want to try running HPA. So anyone who has done this please PM me! thanks
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Re: l96 gas to HPA

Postby Minerva » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Transition wrote:I searched, and I know some of you have converted rifles before. Looking for some help. Just got a G&G l96 gas and want to try running HPA. So anyone who has done this please PM me! thanks

Pm "Ogrejager" . Think he did this with his KJW, and could give you some good info
"Minerva's hot dog is the biggest"-Minerva
Minerva
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ogrejager » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, I did.

On AP, HPA conversions work under the principle that if you can't do it yourself and thereby understand the risks involved with it, you shouldn't be doing it. Google, read, then if you still have more specific questions, PM myself or one of the 3-4 others that have done it on here.

For the record, mine has yet to be taken to a field. Until I can get the FPS within +/- 10 FPS, it isn't worth bringing.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Transition » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:31 am

yeah I love ap mentality sometimes, I always forget im some 14 year old who has no experience =] I have been looking up info and found some, I am more curious as to where you guys got your supplies for doing it. I am located out in the armpit of texas so I will likely have to mail order everything.
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby RBeran » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:11 am

First of all Kurt, the AP community has reason to be protective of this information. An HPA rig has certain risks that the average player regardless of age, needs to be aware of and trained in. Most are not. As an experienced airsofter I would think you would understand and support that attitude.

Second, sarcastic reply zinging AP is probably not the best way to get the help you seek. Just sayin'. ;)

Victory through stealth, and disciplined aggression.
OGRE - Old Guys Rule Everything
RBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby Transition » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 am

ohhh you old men always getting upset =] thanks guys who sent pms with the info, you know who you are its much appreciated.
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers