a good sniper for starter

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Postby DRK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 am

Look at his ad in the classifieds and notice the same pictures in my sig.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Night_Stocker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 am

B.O.P. War Hawk wrote:I would suggest not getting the SVD, but only because I hate the AK style...

for a moment, I thought I was alone out there... :lol:
If $400,000 a year is low-class, I'm totally f***ed.
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Team: 9/G

Postby Vega » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 am

someone got caught!!
If i pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume. http://forgottensons.webs.com/
Vega
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby Switchback » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am

DRK wrote:Look at his ad in the classifieds and notice the same pictures in my sig.

AH HAAAHHHH!!!!

That's funny. I wonder if he actually has an SVD or if he was going to totally try and rip someone off.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Snowman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:12 pm

It's not uncommon for people to use other people's pics when they're trying to sell something. Just because he's using your pic doesn't mean he's out to rip someone off....
top lel
Snowman

Postby G36 FTW » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Poor move, he could have at least asked to use the picture..

Also, notice his ad offers f2f. I don't think he would do that if he was planning on ripping someone off.

Back on topic:
The A&K is a real nice replica, however I warn against heavier springs. I played a few games with one shooting ~520fps and my fingers were hurting so bad that I was resorting to using the palm of my left hand to bolt it. Just as a heads up anyway...
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby Switchback » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Wow. Just read the first post again; how did this get three pages?
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby icebullet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Here at AP, we take pride in setting n00bs straight.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bircher » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

when i had my AEG i was always stelthy cause i liked the feel of stalking someone than taking them out, so now i want to take it to the next limit and become a sniper
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Bircher » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

i acctually looked into the snow wolf, but ive never heard of anyone using it so i dont know how nice/good it is
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Osprey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 am

*douple post*
Last edited by Osprey on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Osprey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:26 am

I went from this

To this

Back In eastern Oregon I was sniper for a while then I moved. Then I went to a few events in Scappose, but my tactics as a sniper just didn't cut it there(to many freaken trees)Plus my spring was wearing down as well. So I made up my mind to get an AEG. The cool thing is now the skill of a sniper is behind an AEG. I can still stock my target like a sniper, and if I miss so what I still have 30 rounds of fully to semi automatic action to try again. I also have a squad to back me up wile under fire. I had I good run as a sniper 5+ years(yes I was 14)

The airsoft sniper is dying breed of airsoft player no one has the patient to do it anymore, but to those you still stock the woods I salute you and keep doing what you to best (In the words of Tom Belinger "one shot, one kill") I know for sure I spelled his last name wrong

Just to prove my point this first picture is roughly the same terrain I grew up with, and the second is the Pacific Northwest

From this

To this
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby RBeran » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 am

The advice to purchase a quality AEG is sound. There are a large number of OP's where you would be turned away if you showed up with your sniper rifle, as the sniper slots are limited, and get snapped up by the experienced snipers in the community.

There is a scrutiny by the community in general, that your experience is not yet ready to stand up to. Junto says there are 3 - 4 true snipers in our community ( I know of 6...3 are on my team)...but the point is, a sniper rifle and a ghillie do NOT a sniper make.

In this community becoming a sniper is not just saying you are one...no one will take you seriously. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but it is about paying your dues and gaining respect as a player in the community. In other words, you are not ready to take it to the next level.

Also...ditch the black vest. Black does not exist in the natural world, and is like a beacon to those looking for you.

Victory through stealth, and disciplined aggression.
OGRE - Old Guys Rule Everything
RBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

Postby Bircher » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 am

RBeran wrote:The advice to purchase a quality AEG is sound. There are a large number of OP's where you would be turned away if you showed up with your sniper rifle, as the sniper slots are limited, and get snapped up by the experienced snipers in the community.

There is a scrutiny by the community in general, that your experience is not yet ready to stand up to. Junto says there are 3 - 4 true snipers in our community ( I know of 6...3 are on my team)...but the point is, a sniper rifle and a ghillie do NOT a sniper make.

In this community becoming a sniper is not just saying you are one...no one will take you seriously. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but it is about paying your dues and gaining respect as a player in the community. In other words, you are not ready to take it to the next level.

Also...ditch the black vest. Black does not exist in the natural world, and is like a beacon to those looking for you.

yeah im buying a condor when i get the money
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers