Sniper Mags

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Sniper Mags

Postby Steamroller » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

OK, I've been looking at a lot of pictures of snipers and their loadouts, specifically their mag pouches where they keep their spare mags. I understand that the traditional sniper only has about a mag, tops. Because they don't need to shoot as much and make all their shots count. But in airsoft I believe it's a different story. I would like to know from the snipers here, How do you carry spare magazines?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Seagreen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Depends...normally when I was playing the role...one total. I'd reload as time allowed.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Osprey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 am

I only carried one as well. One game I played in I only fired three rounds. If I did have a extra clip I would had put it the butt stock were it was hallow.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Beran » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:26 am

i have three mags for my M700, three for my L96, three for the AW338, and two for my DSR1. most of them are small enough that i can just drop them in a pocket (the ones i might actually bring to a game anyway). its nice to be able to have that spare sometimes. unless you meticulously track your rounds there's nothing worse than lining up the perfect shot and having nothing come out of your gun and knowing that its going to be a minute or two before you can take another shot. easier to carry a spare mag and swap it out real quick, then reload the empty when you have time.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby akanewbie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 am

I use my open top mag pouches, work for most dmr mags and other type 96 style. I usually carry 4 mags, but I have only ever shot through them all twice. and they were long days with lots of confirmed hits
akanewbie
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Sniper Mags

Postby TheAnthrax » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I carry one mag in my gun and another two in my vest as well as a dedicated speedloader with about 90 rounds in it. This may sound like overkill, but consider that in airsoft there is a heck of a lot more variation on the flightpath of a bb than a real bullet. Having the extra ammo that takes up almost no weight or space is comforting, because if you are left with a field full of targets there's nothing stopping you from getting as many as possible.
TheAnthrax
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers