UTG Mk 96 problem

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

UTG Mk 96 problem

Postby spanky panda » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 pm

So I have done some searching, but with no luck in finding a solution I thought I would come here. I recently purchased and installed the UTG Performance kit for my Mk 96. I followed the directions and lubed it. When shooting the other day the bolt suddenly became really hard to push forward after cocking. It now gets stuck. I have to use a mallet to get it back and when it is back in place the gun is no longer cocked. I took out the performance kit and put it in the cylinder on my old Mp001. It latches but then slam fires as soon as any force pushes the bolt. I'm really not sure what the problem is, so hopefully someone here can help. Thanks
spanky panda
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Merchant » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Check the screws that attach the trigger box to the rifle and make sure that they are all the way against the rifle tightly. See if that fixes the slam firing.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Evil Zergling137 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:29 am

Let this be a sign from God that you are not old enough to run a bolt.
Evil Zergling137
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Broken sear. You need to replace the trigger pack. They're available at Airsoft Outlet NW.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 pm

It could be the sear, or it could be the spring guide and the stopper. If there is no damage to the sear, make sure that the spring guide is in properly and the spring guide stopper is all the way up. Also check that the trigger box is screwed in nice and tight.

The trigger assembly on the MK96 is no place to skimp. You are going to want to get a metal trigger box and some high quality compression upgrades, not the generic stuff.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby DJ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2119

Watch the video at the bottom of this page. What you are describing sounds exactly like what is described at the tail end of the vid.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:59 pm

What he is describing is something on the inside scraping against the wall of the cylinder, causing it to not slide forward right.

If it is the sear, that thing would be the piston, who's back end is sliding up away from the trigger assembly and pinching the cylinder. However, if changing the piston back to the original fixes the problem, this is most likely not the case and the next is your culprit.

If it is your spring guide, then the spring guide stopper is too low, or is not being allowed to go up all the way due to the trigger box not being screwed in. In this case, the spring guide is pinching the cylinder, probably causing the piston to do the same.

Tighten all your screws and make sure your sear is all right. Then buy better parts or go back to stock compression.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers