GBBR for a DMR?

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

GBBR for a DMR?

Postby God » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 am

Ok, I realize this isn't technically a sniper rifle, but the retards who monitor internet access at my "school" blocked the gas guns(and PACNW games oddly) section, but not AEGs or springers.. Or even the RS section...

AAAnyway, I'm wondering, would a WA M4 GBBR with an extended front end be a good DMR?

Advantage, adjustable fps and, more importantly, instant trigger response.

Disadvantages, gas, so somewhat inconsistent shots (not that you should be shooting too much to start cool-down).

I realize temps may also be an issue, but the NPAS would help with the power issues... Just wondering if there's any factor that would rule out a GBBR as a DMR/SPR/Recon weapon...

My testing so far has been positive, with fairly good groupinbg using a "new" gas that cools down less than propane/green gas. And is slightly more powerful. NOT RED GAS or CO2.
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Variable » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 am

From what I've seen the new KWA NS2 GBBRs are fairly consistent FPS wise.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby lilwil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 am

I have a we m14 gbbr, and the bb changes its trajectory according to whether I am in the shade or in direct sunlight. Its not major, but enough that I would not use it as a dmr.
She said I raped her? Well, where there is a Will there is a way. But just remember, if it wasn't Lil, it wasn't Wil.

Juicemachine: lilwil (the self-provlaimed racist) wrote:
Your hatred is based on ignorance.

IR the self-provlaimed racist:)
lilwil
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:11 pm

I agree that it would not be a good DMR platform. The point of precision platform is that it shoots the same every time. you don't want to have to worry about the cooling aspect of it.

Besides, why would you want to call it a DMR if it has a 5.56N magazine?

I say keep it as assault (if you own it) and upgrade an AEG. I'm in the middle of my own project, and from what i have seen and experienced, it doesn't take much to get good trigger response and those other things that a DM likes in an electric.

...but I never really liked gas...

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby G36 FTW » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:41 am

I say leave gbbrs carbine length or shorter. They aren't accurate enough to justify a less maneuverable rifle. Plus, you're mags are limited to 50 rounds or less. Coupled with cool down it doesn't make a very effective dmr.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby sniperelite7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 am

B.O.P. War Hawk wrote:I agree that it would not be a good DMR platform. The point of precision platform is that it shoots the same every time. you don't want to have to worry about the cooling aspect of it.

Besides, why would you want to call it a DMR if it has a 5.56N magazine?

I say keep it as assault (if you own it) and upgrade an AEG. I'm in the middle of my own project, and from what i have seen and experienced, it doesn't take much to get good trigger response and those other things that a DM likes in an electric.

...but I never really liked gas...

Because the US military has dmrs that utilize the 556 round?

To the OP, the fps consistency can be easily solved by tapping the mags and running c02/hpa. But since your running a gbbr you might swing towards the hyper realism crowd, and not appreciate the hose. Sure doesn't bother me though.

That said, I never trusted gbbr reliability, and I know next too nothing about the gbbr hopups. An aeg dmr can be made for realitvley cheap, and have superior durability.
sniperelite7
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers