tsd sd700 compatability

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

tsd sd700 compatability

Postby DaNnY4886 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 pm

The title says it all. I have read other topics about the gun and upgrading it, but ive also heard other things. Is the cylinder and all inner parts tm compatible? i know that the barrel is longer than 430mm, and that when i get a tbb ill have to cut down the outter barrel and make custom spacers. Also, i have a 250$ budget because im thinking about selling a few of my other guns and hope i could just use the profit from that to buy parts, like a trade off kinda.I was planning on getting the following parts: laylax high pressure neo piston, element m145 oil tempered spring, modify vsr-10 hop up bucking, laylax damper cylinder head or polar star high flow cylinder head, ASGI PE reinforced spring guide, ASGI PE reinforced sear set, and a deep fire ss 6.02 barrel. Now, i need a tech's imput on the results i would get with this set up. would the fps be field legal and around/ in my range? would the inner parts all be compatible with eachother and the gun? Would i be able to have a consistent accuracy boost compared to stock? if the answer is no to any of these questions, what other parts would you advise me looking into?thankyou in advance to anywon willing to help and has haad expierience upgrading vsr-10 clones or more specifically the sd700.
DaNnY4886
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: tsd sd700 compatability

Postby Jester316 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 pm

It is VSR-10 compatible.

I've got a Firefly hop up bucking, Precision Shot Industries TBB, ASGI piston, and evike spring (can't remember which one specifically). I get 430fps with 100% compression. I shoot .40's and .43's out to 200'+ with great accuracy. I don't go for the longest range possible, I go with the most accurate I can. There are quite a few people here who can attest to how well my gun shoots. Just remember that bolts take a lot of tweaking to get it right. I have over 100hrs of disassembly and reassembly in the gun to get it to shoot the way it does.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby DaNnY4886 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:12 pm

how much was your tbb? and what exactly are the parts that need tweeking? the only thing i can think of would be the hop up bucking.
DaNnY4886
Grunt
Grunt

Postby jdogbigmoney » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I have had a lot of luck with the Polar Star piston and nineball bucking because they both give a great air seal. I have had poor results with the ASGI PE sears because they break very easy. If you are going to put on a suppressor adapter you will have to modify it because the end of the outer barrel is a little bit bigger.
jdogbigmoney
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Jester316 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:35 pm

DaNnY4886 wrote:how much was your tbb? and what exactly are the parts that need tweeking? the only thing i can think of would be the hop up bucking.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. My TBB was $75 handmade by a member of this forum. He no longer makes those barrels. I have approximately 100hrs in tweaking the hop up alignment and airseals. Any slight cant in the barrel results in a curving shot. I've taken the hop up unit apart probably 200 times trying to straighten out the shot. Each time, I would turn the barrel a fraction of a degree, put it together and test.

As with almost everything with a bolt action, they take time and work to get shooting where you want.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby DaNnY4886 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:02 pm

unrelated question but, are the tsd sd700 and jg bar 10's stocks interchangable?
DaNnY4886
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers