New Sniper Experience

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

New Sniper Experience

Postby Marpat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Want to be a sniper? Here are some tips that I learned the hard way that will help a lot in the long run.

First off, let’s talk about your rifle. Everyone wants to have the best rifle on the field, the rifle with most range and precision. For a sniper this is especially critical if you want to be any good. People say being a sniper can be very pricy, but there are ways of getting around that. First and foremost, do tons of research and find the best guns for you. I say guns because, if you want the best but don't want to spend a lot, you might not be able to get the first gun you choose. After you have done hours and hours of extensive research on these guns and their upgradability, you are ready for step two. Step two is simple: get off of Megastore and Airsoft GI and search Craigslist and the AP market. Remember that the gun you want doesn't need to be in the best of shape because you are most likely going to be stripping it for the stock. next you do some more research. there are so many clones of parts that are just as good and only half the price, which can save you a lot of money. Look for sale specials and shipping and price discounts. Once you get your parts you do more research. Learn your gun inside and out. Truthfully, that should be pretty easy since most spring guns are extremely simple. After you have your gun together and ready to go, spend a lot of time doing target practice and getting used to your gun. Also, there are lots of small free or very inexpensive mods you can do on your gun that you can find on YouTube.

Next is gear. Everyone that wants to be a sniper knows about the Ghillie suit. I am sure most of those people, if they are anything like me, want a Ghillie suit. However, I found out the hard way that not only are Ghillie suits expensive or time consuming, they also slow you down in game, make you louder, and generally aren't as useful as you would imagine. It is best to keep your gear light and keep yourself flexible. You would be surprised how well some BDU's and some face paint can conceal you. If you are going to get boots (which I recommend), try to get ones that are lightweight and won’t make you step heavy. Also, remember that you are a sniper and not a mule. Don't try to carry the whole team’s gear. Keep it as light as possible and you will have the best results.

Today, after a lot of trial and error this is what i run
Custom upgraded JG Bar 10, $340, shooting 500 fps and over 200 ft with precision.
BDU set, $15, from Goodwill.
A Camelpack i found at home. It holds my bbs, speed loader, and the few tools i need to do anything to my gun. I also use it like a bi-pod.

Feel free to add other tips or completely disagree if you want!
************Edit Heartthrob
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: New Sniper Experience

Postby Cloudyrains » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Not to come off as rude, but all of this has been pretty much covered in the stickies.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Sniper Experience

Postby Hamster » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Cloudyrains wrote:Not to come off as rude, but all of this has been pretty much covered in the stickies.

In case he doesn't know what a sticky is,

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16778

Topic was inb4u.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers