cool looking rifle, $103, 500fps, but is cheaply made?

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Re: cool looking rifle, $103, 500fps, but is cheaply made?

Postby Rapture » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 am

Orwell is right, I bought the ECHO1 M28 from BWTA and love it. I suggest installing a higher-quality hop-up bucking after you put about 100-200 rounds through it. It's fairly easy to disassemble and shoots very accurately. It is also sturdy and metal, so it wont break easily. I slapped a Firefly bucking in mine and it shoots 525fps accurately to over 100yds. The only thing that I would add if I was to rebuild the gun is 1) bucking and 2) new sears (to fix slam-firing issues later on down the road). Save your money and buy quality over quick.
Rapture
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: cool looking rifle, $103, 500fps, but is cheaply made?

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:33 am

Cloudyrains wrote:
thespicydonut wrote:I dont know why the B.O.P. guy said it was inaccurate, i now have this gun and its really accurate. I can shoot a man sized target at 150feet with out missing...

Watch out guys! It shoots 150 feet!!!

Yeah... I was gonna say that 150 feet is not far.... at all...
Most stock AEGs can shoot that far with no problems, and this gun, when I shot it, was not able to hit a gallon can lid from fifty feet. It felt a lot like one of those AGM L96 things...

@ Switchback
What you have to realize is that not everybody is super serious about airsoft. Some people, beginners mostly, want to get a bolt-action because they want to have fun with it, or to see if they like it. If he gets it, he may find out that he likes sniper rifles and spend the money to upgrade it over time. If one wants to take the serious path, one should get a UTG L96, E1 M28, or a BAR/VSR. 80% or more of airsoft is aesthetics, so a rifle like this could be okay for some less-serious people to buy.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Previous

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers