Help with my sniper rifle please

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Help with my sniper rifle please

Postby Tate626 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am

Hey everyone, I have been using my echo1 stag arms m4 for a long time and have been really happy with it. But recently I've had a desire to give sniping a try. So my friend gave me his broken sniper rifle. It's a UHC tactical 9 (I know, I know, but it was free) and it was slam firing. I fixed it for maybe 20 shots but it's slam firing again. After doing research I discovered that I need a new piston (metal) but I don't know what kind to get. Does anyone know a good equivalent that would be compatible with my gun? Thanks
Tate626
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Help with my sniper please

Postby Hamster » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:37 am

No, here's where the problem(s) originated from:

1) Your friend gave you a "tactical 9".

2) You decided to call it "sniping", and the rifle a "sniper", in which a "sniper" and a rifle are two completely different things to those under 18(sometimes, over.) who have their heads up their asses and think their invincible in their heads, and other older guys who are OCD about certain subjects.

3) It was doomed to eternal hell from the factory anyways.

You are now sprinkling glitter on a pile of goat turd by wanting to fix the issue.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cloudyrains » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:56 am

Have fun trying to get any semblance of parts for that thing, let alone going to an airsoft game and not getting laughed at for it. My advice to you is that if you really want to try sniping, buy either a proper VSR-10 (I personally have a JG bar-10 and love it) or APS-2 compatible gun, and do a proper build. It's not going to be cheap, expect to spend at least $500 just to get your rifle to the point of being past an upgraded AEG. If you do not have that kind of money, I would suggest forgoing the entire idea, because honestly, nothing will separate you from the mass of upgraded AEGs, except for you have to pull your bolt back every shot. It may sound harsh, but there is a reason not a lot of people build bolts, it's because they are expensive, time consuming, and take a different type of play style to run. Not a lot of people really enjoy sniping to begin with.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 am

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-UA-UG511-X9.htm

I believe this is the same Bolt your referring to. In the review below it, it says upgrades are rare or not possible. Sounds like your stuck with home brew jobs.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Twigg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 am

Cloudyrains wrote:My advice to you is that if you really want to try sniping, do a proper build. It's not going to be cheap, expect to spend at least $500 just to get your rifle to the point of being past an upgraded AEG. If you do not have that kind of money, I would suggest forgoing the entire idea, because honestly, nothing will separate you from the mass of upgraded AEGs, except for you have to pull your bolt back every shot. It may sound harsh, but there is a reason not a lot of people build bolts.

I couldent say it much better myself. Airsoft is spendy, My M249 out ranges both of my buddys bolt snipers that shoot 550 fps. It's only because I've built that gun from scratch and spent over $1,400 (not including gun price). Iv got a UTG shadow ops L96 (450fps) cost $160 for the gun and about $200 for the upgrades. Now it shoots a llittle over 600fps and I can't use it anywhere. What a waste of time and money that was. I didn't install it so I had to pay for the instilation even though it's to powerful.

Bottom line, bolt snipers take time and money to shoot just right. I aint got either. LMG's FOR LIFE
Twigg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RNDM

Postby MetraDirty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Sniper
Sniper Rifle
ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT SUMMERFAGS.
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Tate626 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Haha guys don't worry I won't be bringing it to any real games. Thanks for the help everyone. And seriously if you're going to be a troll, go back to middle school, thanks :D
Tate626
Recruit
Recruit

Postby MetraDirty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Less of the trolling, more of a lesson.
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Learn what trolling is before you accuse people of it.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Tate626 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 pm

no not you guys haha
Tate626
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Help with my sniper rifle please

Postby Orwell » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Kid,

Read the third post in this post. It'll give you info on a rifle that I've now handled and seen used. Forget the guys saying you'll need $500; this used to be a law, and still holds merit, but it's possible to have a solid platform for less.

Also, +1 to all the comments regarding a sniper and his rifle.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Icepick » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:14 am

Hamster wrote:2) You decided to call it "sniping".

Well... What else do you call it when you engage an enemy with a sniper rifle? :roll:

Tate: I'm going to agree with these guys and tell you that you should just abandon this project now. There is nothing wrong with working a stock bolt action from the ground-up, but the UHC Super 9 and/or Tactical 9 (whichever one it is damnit!) is just a horrible platform.
Please disregard any previous posts made by this user.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Help with my sniper rifle please

Postby Snake_Eyes » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 am

@Icepick: Its either called precision fire or just shooting a terrorist in the chest and watching his guts spill. Also we call it #WINNING. The bad guys call it #LOSING.

A Sniper/Marksman in airsoft has a role, that role is usually reconnaissance or area denial. Airsoft snipers are extremely easy to oversome due to their limited fire capability and need to be stationary (unless they are ninjas). Typically if you spend the same money on a fully upgraded Sniper Rifle and an AEG, the AEG will outrange and outshoot the aforementioned Sniper Rifle. Also most people don't have the patience to be shooting once every 5 minutes or stalking someone for 30minutes.

My advice is skip the heatbreak and wasted money and get a AEG.

Also please do us all a favor and...

READ THE STICKIES
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers