An SVD Dragonuv Worthy of Recognition

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

An SVD Dragonuv Worthy of Recognition

Postby Chowdberg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen. I must be frank.
The Dragonuv is my favorite Marksman Rifle. It's stylish, robust, and downright wonderful.
To compliment my Russian load out, I'd love to be able to pack an SVD Dragonuv into the fray, and have a good time playing marksman.

Now. The purpose of this thread is simple. Not only do I need advice, but I'd love to hear what you great guys have got to say on the matter.
I also am aware that the 'Real Sword' SVD Dragonuv has been known to be on the top of the list of SVD Airsoft rifles on the market. However, I'm looking for more affordable alternative, and from the feedback, the best alternative.

Thank you comrade for the feedback!
I'd tell you to be careful. It's not the Tank you need to fear.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RR KBAB

Re: An SVD Dragonuv Worthy of Recognition

Postby Cloudyrains » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 pm

I just picked up a CYMA (S&T rebrands it) SVD from Ehobbyasia.com. The thing is surprisingly solid externally and is all steel except for everything past the rear iron sight. It definitely needs some internal upgrades (tightbore/hopup bucking/spring) to get it worthy of calling it a DMR but for what you pay ($230) it's a steal. It's also a Realsword clone so all the Realsword parts are compatible with it, and it uses Realswords good design. You could potentially drop a Realsword gearbox into it and have it run fine, but good luck tracking one down. Stay away from the A&K AEG SVD, it is based off of the Classic Army SVD, and like the Classic Army, is pretty crap from what I've read.

Also be aware that the only mags that work with it is the S&T SVD mags. The realsword and A&K spring/AEG mags don't work in it. On top of that, don't get a PSO-1 clone off an airsoft website. 9 times out of 10 they are garbage. You are better off dropping the money on a real POSP from kalinka optics, which is about the same price as the Realsword clone (which I should add is actually a good clone).
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Cyph34r » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:28 am

I just picked up a CYMA SVD (Which is not called an "SVD Dragunov", I might add), and while its not a realsword, its a great value.

While I agree that most china-made PSO style optics are bad, I'd advise starting with one anyway, since every one i've had has at least worked well enough, and they're much cheaper than real ones on Kalinka.

Airsoft panda currently has a deal where you get the CYMA SVD, a bipod, and a china-scope for $300 plus shipping.
"Watch Black Hawk Down. Copy EVERYTHING the Somalis do.
It works great for Fragistan." -Welshy McSheeplove
Cyph34r
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby crazydemon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 am

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=39314

Our team captain just picked one of these up, and it is a beast on the field. Comes shooting nice and hot out of the box with no real need for upgrades. Pick up one of those nice flashy svd scopes and you have a very respectable replica.
I can't outrun the bullet. So I might as well stay to face it.
crazydemon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Chowdberg » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm always one to take a look at Echo 1's Redstar series these day. Their AK Covert has been an awesome addition to my collection. Their SVD variant also looks sexy.
CYMA has never steered me wrong either. So it's definitely a rather interesting decision.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Postby drpepper475 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 pm

i second that on the echo 1 redstar series.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby ScaredShooter » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Slumberman wrote:I also am aware that the 'Real Sword' SVD Dragonuv has been known to be on the top of the list of SVD Airsoft rifles on the market. However, I'm looking for more affordable alternative...

This is true. I have one. I don't know what else to recommend.

You really should check one out, shoot and hold one. You might change your mind about what you're willing to save money for. Mine is shooting around 465 fps (some fields allow DMRs at 450, some at 475, some not at all), but it has an effective range comparable to many bolt actions out there. Except it can do follow-up shots.

I respect your price thoughts, but the quality really is amazing and impressive.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Chowdberg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm

You really should check one out, shoot and hold one. You might change your mind about what you're willing to save money for. Mine is shooting around 465 fps (some fields allow DMRs at 450, some at 475, some not at all), but it has an effective range comparable to many bolt actions out there. Except it can do follow-up shots.

I respect your price thoughts, but the quality really is amazing and impressive.

I'm curious then. Did you upgrade any parts of your SVD, Sacred Shooter, or is that Real Sword performing by itself?
Last edited by Chowdberg on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Russkie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Real Sword SVD is just pure awesome. Look no further for performance and quality. However, if you want a cheaper option than the CYMA SVD (S&T and Echo 1 rebrand it).
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers