Can you use a real steel aftermarket stock on airsoft

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Can you use a real steel aftermarket stock on airsoft

Postby Reeko » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Just wondering if it is possible to fit an aftermarket macmillan A3 stock for a remington 700 to an airsoft KJW M700 withought modification. (so that i can switch back and forth between having it on the 2. If not the KJW M700, what airsoft replica would i be able to fit it on?, if any?

let me know of any other problems you may see with this. Im open to any feedback. I tried searching but it just froze everytime i tried to search the forums. So this may have been previously asked
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Can you use a real steel aftermarket stock on airsoft

Postby Russkie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 pm

From my experience with fitting real steel parts on to airsoft guns, I doubt it will swap without modification.
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Toonvater » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm

some real steal parts fit in really easily, and some are impossible. I've personally used a real steel ris on my aeg before. i have also tried a real moe stock (which was really wobbly until i put tape on the buffertube) kinda worked. real steel sights fit perfectly, and iron sights too. other than that i havent tried fitting them and they probably dont fit.
"We will find a way... or we will make one."
The Carthaginian General.
Toonvater
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Orwell » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:32 am

Here's what I'd do:

Google for "Remington 700 Internals Diagram"

Look up what the insides of your airsoft rifle look like. Are they vastly different enough that it's immediately clear they won't fit?

My guess is yes, but you'll have to see. Good luck. :)
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nodachi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am

No. 'Switching stocks' when the stock in question is supposed to be bedded would be an utter waste of money. Especially on a Mcmillan stock.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jerm_G » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:51 am

I have to agree with the others. There is way better projects to be spending money and time on than trying to fit a $100.00 airsoft gun on a $900.00 stock. Not only would it not likely mate right up and require more work than it's worth, but it's a friggin McMillian stock! If your looking to buy one just for this reason, instead go buy that next airsoft gun, fully customize it, and you still will have hundreds of dollars left over. If you just happen to have one laying around, save your pennies and buy a real 700, take them to a top notch gunsmith ( I happen to know of one or two that have been in buisness for over 60 years) and go play with your new M-40A3 mock-up. Or you can always toss it in a box, and ship it to me. I may have one or two projects laying around that could use a new stock.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Reeko » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:41 pm

the mcmillan stock is for my remington 700. I just want to see if i can use it interchangeably with both guns.

I already have the rem, i dont have a KJW. Just wondering if i could run an airsoft sniper rifle with the same setup as i would on my real rifle. Im not buying the stock for an airsoft gun. Redwolf sells an airsoft version of the A5 stock specifically meant for the Tanaka M40 and vsr10, i would just get that if i wanted an m40 airsoft gun.
(or wait for the ARES M40A5 to be released)

@nodachi,i completely overlooked that part haha. thats probably going to be the biggest issue, thanks. Oh well, would of been a badass airsoft gun if i pulled it off.

thanks for the feedback guys
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers