G19 Barrel in a KJW G23?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

G19 Barrel in a KJW G23?

Postby EricK » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Hey everyone!

The search function revealed nothing, so here goes:

I have a KJW G23. I know the RS G19 and G23 are the same size, just chambered for different calibers (9mm and .40 S&W). So would a MadBull Precision Barrel for KWA/KSC G19 fit into my G23? I would imagine the length is the same, but has anyone done this (or seen it done) before?

Many thanks,

EricK
EricK
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Voodoo Man » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 am

The inner barrel will work properly but if you're talking about the whole thing, no it wont work.
Voodoo Man
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby EricK » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 am

I was just talking about the inner barrel. I'd like to get a precision barrel to help get the thing to shoot a little better, but there isn't a tight bore/precision barrel for the G23, only the G19.
EricK
Soldier
Soldier

An Update

Postby EricK » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Update: Well, the package arrived today and the length of the precision barrel is the same, so that is great!

There is one problem, though: the G19 barrel is made out of much thinner material than the original, so there's all this extra slack and it's really loose but more importantly, the groove you line up with the outside of the barrel and the inside of the rubber piece isn't long enough. The groove is too short, so the rubber piece (the bucking? Can't remember at the moment) isn't on all the way and the barrel is really loose. In short, the rubber piece doesn't fit.

Any thoughts or ideas on how I can make this work?

I'm attempting to get some pictures up.
EricK
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs