Where to buy gas

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Where to buy gas

Postby Kenneth » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 pm

I was looking online at gas and i realised that they don't sell it online anymore. Where can i find green gas for my airsoft pistol.

Also does anyone one know where i can find Sig Sauer P226 magazines.
Kenneth
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby quigly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:50 pm

You should get a propane adapter and some silicone oil. Then all you need to do is buy inexpensive propane bottles.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Pancake » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Yeah get a propane adapter, then just go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a can of Propane for 3 bucks.
Pancake
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Come out to the Carlton game on April 30th or the Rez game the weekend of May 13th and you can pick up a can for $5 from me.

Cheaper than anyone else can offer.
Riddick

Postby ScaredShooter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Here are some places for gas near where you live:

Link

Sorry, :) I wanted to be cocky because I initially really thought your thread was actually about "where to buy gas."

What's green gas anyways? All my guns use CO2.

Yeah, in all seriousness Riddick's green gas prices are the best. Certainly unbeatable. I was suspish the first time I saw it for sale. But great stuff. I'm using a can in my Sig now.

I know it usually works pretty flawlessly, but I've had some problems with the camping style propane & adapter. It will be cheaper and (I have heard) show an increase in PSI by a bit.

However, the adapter that my dad has doesn’t quite seat to the seal on my mag perfectly, so when I fill it, I’ve had problems with the O-ring flying off. Very unfortunate for as small and impossible to purchase those things are. Little grievance, but it’s led me to take more comfort in buying green gas. Besides, everyone likes the smell better hehe.

Regular raw-egg propane actually makes me salivate because it reminds me of campground meals.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby jim486 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:53 pm

In the Gas Pistols & SMGs form there is a Sticky: Gas Pressure Chart in the front of the form. I would look at that and check your manual to see what pressure your pistol uses.

Green gas, top gas, red gas, and propane are all fairly close as far as pressure. But, like I said check your manual your gun may require a lower pressure HFC 134a.

If your gun uses one of the higher pressure gasses I would seriously look into propane with an adapter. I just paid $4 for what would cost me about $30 of the airsoft specific gasses. My WE 1468 will only hold a tight group with propane otherwise it's like hitting golf balls. My KJW Sig 229, and M4 both do great with it too. You will have to get some silicon oil to lube your mags and the other parts, but I find they all work better using it sparingly and keeping the guns clean. Do not use real gun lube!!!!

Airsplat
Airsoft Megastore
Pyramyd Air
In fact just search any airsoft store...

As far as Co2 guns, nice but if you think you have trouble finding gas online... I live in MA and last I knew, you need an FID to buy the canisters.
jim486
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Where to buy gas

Postby jim486 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:11 am

Kenneth wrote:Also does anyone one know where i can find Sig Sauer P226 magazines.

Any of the online store I listed and more. Most are all KJ Works OEM parts, so if its KJW, Tokyo Marui, Softair/Cybergun, maybe some others all the parts are KJW (including clips). There are also some Co2 versions but they wont work with your green gas gun.

a real good place for air-soft: Evike.com, airsplat.com, or eHobbie asia....
jim486
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ParoJo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 pm

^NECROPOST^
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby jim486 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:56 pm

jwip95 wrote:^NECROPOST^

Ok.. Dead post... New to the page... I was only trying to help them.
jim486
Recruit
Recruit

Postby shakespeare » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

In all fairness, jwip95, he did add something to the conversation. Thus, it was a valid necropost IMHO
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby glockmeister » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:17 pm

If your wondering why you should get propane over green gas, green gas is propane. It has silicone in it, and it smells different. But for the price you get ripped off. Sure propane smells like shit, but it works the same and it is way cheaper. The only downside is you have to remember to put silicone in the adaptor so your mags get lubed up and stay in working order.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.â€
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ParoJo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Meant no disrespect jim486. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention to prevent future necroposts, but indeed it was a good addition to the subject. No harm done.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs