KWA M9

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KWA M9

Postby Steamroller » Mon May 16, 2011 5:33 pm

I have heard a lot of good things about the KWA M9 PTP. I've heard that it's one of the most efficient KWA pistol out there (rumored 2 mags worth of gas in each fill up). I've also heard that it's loud (which imo is a major positive) and various other things. I would like to confirm some of these rumors from OWNERS, I don't want second hand information, it doesn't work for me or most other people. So if you own a KWA M9 PTP or Tactical PTP please respond and tell if you like it and maybe confirm some of these rumors.

Thanks to all who respond.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: KWA M9

Postby Sea Bass » Mon May 16, 2011 6:24 pm

BigCamo67 wrote:I have heard a lot of good things about the KWA M9 PTP. I've heard that it's one of the most efficient KWA pistol out there (rumored 2 mags worth of gas in each fill up). I've also heard that it's loud (which imo is a major positive) and various other things. I would like to confirm some of these rumors from OWNERS, I don't want second hand information, it doesn't work for me or most other people. So if you own a KWA M9 PTP or Tactical PTP please respond and tell if you like it and maybe confirm some of these rumors.

Thanks to all who respond.

I like it, I have the NS1 model. Two mags. Neither leak as far as I can tell. Feeds great. Ive never compared "loudness" so I can't tell you that part. its a very comfortable gun for me. In a way, it really depends on how you take care of it in the end.
Sea Bass
Soldier
Soldier

Team: OCAT

Postby Sixxgun » Mon May 16, 2011 6:46 pm

most kwa gbb pistols are really good if you like the beretta go for it, other wise find a style gun you like.
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:53 pm

I got the KWA KP45/USP and it broke after an hour of use.

Then I got the KWA KP45/USP Match and it has served me well for a weekend with no issues.

None of the mags have leaked yet. Nice.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Pancake » Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I have the NS2 M9 PTP. Very good pistol, can't use 2 mags with on charge of gas though, but that's probably because I use propane and only have really used it in cold weather. The trigger spring broke for me though, but if you take good care of it it should be fine.

Very accurate also, I highly recommend it.
Pancake
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steamroller » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 pm

[quote="Wonderbread"]I have the NS2 M9 PTP. Very good pistol, can't use 2 mags with on charge of gas though, but that's probably because I use propane and only have really used it in cold weather. The trigger spring broke for me though, but if you take good care of it it should be fine.

Very accurate also, I highly recommend it.[/quote

what kind of groupings do you get with it? at what range or have you tested?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 pm

I have the KWA NS2 M93R. It has worked well with occasional use for the better part of a year now. Very accurate, actually. No, I haven't grouped it. Having said that, I wouldn't get it. The full auto and 3 round bursts are NOT worth having a replica that doesn't perform like a real M9. Also, it has holster fit issues. When I get a chance I'm going get a regular KWA M9 PTP to go with it.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Sahronax » Mon May 16, 2011 8:48 pm

I got the KWA P226 PTP two weeks ago and used it once, it worked well when I actually used it but I rarely stayed 'alive' long enough to truly test it out. However, from what i was able to tell it was quite efficient (at least two mags out of one fill) and has decent range and accuracy with a .26g. It's not very loud and doesn't kick very hard, so if either of those are a factor for you then this may not be the gun for you, but the thing I really like about it is the fact that the frame is beefy enough for people with large hands (or long fingers, such as myself) to comfortably use it.
Point being, if you want a reliable KWA pistol, my preliminary recommendation would be the P226.
Sahronax
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mongrol » Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 pm

I had the KWA NS2 M9 PTP and i really regret getting rid of it. I have a ksc G17 with some upgraded parts and it rules but the M9 was just soooo nice. Great kick, 22 round mags. sound? well its not as loud as say the KMP9 but it has a nice distinct sound to it.

I played a hostage round and had two pistols. The M9 and a WE dragon that belonged to my friend. I held the hostage in front of me and fired both pistols at my opponents. After, the hostage told me the M9 was way louder than the WE and that his ear was ringing.

Groupings and aim are nice but still what you'd expect from a airsoft pistol. If you've ever been to the hillsboro arena whether it be S4 or CTLOA, i could easily hit someone across the arena in the part of their body i was aiming at.

FYI if anyone has a KWA NS2 M9 PTP they are willing to trade for a KSC G17 with a madbull 6.03 tightbore and an upgraded recoil spring. Threaded outer barrel, 2 mags, and a replica serpa thigh holster (has adapters for belt or pocket holster) PM me.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Mon May 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Had one for about 3 weeks. Parts broke like you wouldn't believe, but the magazines are tough as the triceps of the guy that cleans my friends house. Retired Marine that spends "his whole day doing PT and drinking tea".

I would stay away from the M9 style, they often have the trigger springs become detached. Next one I try will be a MK IV or V or a Sig.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Patrick750 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Like many others before me, my KWA m9 had trigger spring problems as well. If you get lucky and it never has that stupid trigger problem then you have one amazing and hard working gun.
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Steamroller » Tue May 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Patrick750 wrote:Like many others before me, my KWA m9 had trigger spring problems as well. If you get lucky and it never has that stupid trigger problem then you have one amazing and hard working gun.

Is the trigger spring easy to replace/reinstall?
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G36 FTW » Tue May 17, 2011 6:36 pm

BigCamo67 wrote:
Patrick750 wrote:Like many others before me, my KWA m9 had trigger spring problems as well. If you get lucky and it never has that stupid trigger problem then you have one amazing and hard working gun.

Is the trigger spring easy to replace/reinstall?

It isn't terrably hard to replace.

That said, I've had my KWA M9 PTP since they came out with the NS2 system. Its practically bulletproof (I drop it at least twice every game I go to). No issues aside from one resulting from user error.

Just be careful with the magazines, the base plates like to come off if dropped.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby shakespeare » Tue May 17, 2011 6:41 pm

I say KWA's are great in almost all cases. I own two KWA guns - a 2GX M4 RIS and a 1911 MK4. I've had the M4 over a year with no problems except an overcompressed spring that lowered FPS. The pistol I lent to a friend for a video he was making, and he broke it by dropping it. I sent it off to KWA and they fixed it up...for free. Even though I had no proof of warranty. They are a great company and I support them fully.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs