G17 misfire

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

G17 misfire

Postby Mongrol » Sun May 29, 2011 2:30 pm

I have a KSC G17 with a madbull 6.03 tightbore and the upgraded recoil spring and recently iv been shooting just at targets and il fire and a bb comes out, then fire and nothing and so on. Pretty much every other shot nothing comes out. I have two mags and its the same problem with both.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby RiotingCows » Sun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Could the spring be preventing the slide to cycle properly and chamber the next bb?
Kick me. I go "Moooooooo!!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5v0bZij40
RiotingCows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mongrol » Sun May 29, 2011 7:21 pm

if so does that mean its to tight or to loose? I would assume tight and that could be it but then why does every other shot fire? How much gas is in it doesnt make much difference. Even with low gas its still the same thing.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Sun May 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Sounds like you have broken the loading nozzle, does it ever double feed? Does it feed at all?. if it is not feeding at all it is probably the nozzle.
There is a small tab on the bottom of the nozzle, if you put a completely full mag into the gun and then slap it home, the tab will break off and the gun will not feed. Unless you know what you are looking at you will not see / find it. n the future, leave the lasy bb out and do not slam the mag home...It looks cool with real steel on tv, but messes up the AS gun.

If its the spring, too much spring will not let the slide fully retract and not pick up a bb on the way forward. cure is lighter spring or maybe a coil at a time excised off.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Mongrol » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 am

N-N-N-N-NECRO! never realized i got a reply to this :D it has not double fed or stopped feeding at all and the tab still in place. i always have the slide already back and locked before i load my mag so i dont damage anything. (learned that from the MAC 11, instructions said "make sure to pull slide back before inserting mag everytime")
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs