WE M14 problems

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Postby Simmons » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 pm

so i think i may have fixed the problem to an extent..
what i did was:
-take out the trigger assembly and lube all the moving parts with silicon oil
-manually set the hammer and pull the trigger to see if the hammer was being released or if it would just stay cocked.
-after pulling the trigger to release the stuck/cocked hammer it wouldnt release it so that got me thinking the spring inside the black cylinder thing is too stiff (i still think this is the problem)
-but after a few more times of manually cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger the hammer was released.
-once i installed the trigger assembly into the gun and put it on semi i was able to shoot it about 5 times or so and then it got stuck again so i took out the magazine racked the slide to let out the bb to prevent double feeding and then stuck the magazine back in and pulled the trigger again and was able to shoot another 4 or so times until i had to take the mag out etc.
-i got tired of taking the mag in and out of the rifle and racking the action over and over so instead i pulled the trigger a few more times and that got the hammer released which to me has been the problem all along.

i think i may have fixed it but only time will tell. thank you jester and miracle for helping me out.
Simmons
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Simmons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 am

so i just found a new problem with the m14.. i went to shoot it and it vented all the gas that was in the mag. how do i fix that?
Simmons
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:02 pm

chickmagnet1702 wrote:so i just found a new problem with the m14.. i went to shoot it and it vented all the gas that was in the mag. how do i fix that?

Make sure you put it all back together correctly. GBB handguns do that if reassembled incorrectly...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Simmons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 pm

it wouldnt have gone together if it wasnt put together right though..
Simmons
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:30 pm

You'd be surprised. Happened to me on my High-Capa the first time I replaced the loading nozzle. Check for "spare parts".
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Simmons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 pm

it wouldve had some troubles going together if i was doing something wrong
Simmons
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Miracle » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:44 pm

no it wouldn't. if you dropped a tiny trigger spring you would never know, because the pieces would still fit together, but your firing pin would fail to reset, releasing all the gas from your mag. You could also have rescrewed the alan screw on your bolt catch or your trigger hosusing too tight, causing the parts to encounter a ton of friction and lock when you fire it, releasing all of your gas.
Miracle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby blacksheep » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm

if its cold when you try to shoot it all the gas will leave out the end of the barrel
blacksheep
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Miracle wrote:no it wouldn't. if you dropped a tiny trigger spring you would never know, because the pieces would still fit together, but your firing pin would fail to reset, releasing all the gas from your mag. You could also have rescrewed the alan screw on your bolt catch or your trigger hosusing too tight, causing the parts to encounter a ton of friction and lock when you fire it, releasing all of your gas.

Thanks. I didn't want to say it...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Simmons » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:18 pm

i seated the mag wrong lol
Simmons
Grunt
Grunt

Postby jim486 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 am

Feel your pain! I have a WE 1468 M4. Out of the box it shot like hitting golf balls. Problems with trigger box too. would fire single but auto would discharge the gas. Sent it back to airsplpat and the returned it stating could not find a problem.

First, They are hard to find but order a new full trigger box and just replace it; that will fix your fire trouble. I think I got mine from ehobbie asia. the hop up is right in front of the loading barrel. when the bolt is back you will see a brass loading barrel. in the very front (barre side) you will see a black ring with notches on it; that is the hop up adjustment. Tun it clockwise all the way to bring it to the off (closed)position. Careful cause you can jam it easily and it's tough to get at. Make small CC adjustments and fire three shots in between each adjustment until the flight seems straight (not curve up or down) I think I only made a small adjust to get it true. you should be able to fix the wobbly front sight and heat shield by tightening the screws one big one at the base of the shield near the Mag. the other right on the side of the sight.
I would get a couple of new mags. they are really tricky to fix if you're new at it.

See pics on my profile. they're in my portfolio or some crp? I hope I helped some. PM me if you have questions.
Last edited by jim486 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
jim486
Recruit
Recruit

Postby jim486 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:25 am

test
jim486
Recruit
Recruit

Previous

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs