GBB Maintenance

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

GBB Maintenance

Postby Kenneth » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 pm

My Sig Sauer 226 GBB will be arriving soon but before i even open the box i want to know the basics of maintaining a GBB. This is my first GBB so i am a complete nube to this stuff. Any tips? Oh and i will be using propane as my gas.
Kenneth
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby RiotingCows » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Make sure you get silicone oil in the mags every few uses unless you decide to swap every few fills like I do to actual green gas.
When storing the mags for extended periods some say to leave some gas in but I typically don't. Do spray a little silicone oil in to the valves and seals to keep them moist.

I have the same gun, nice strong recoil. The top slide might show some wear after a few hundred rounds but that can't be helped. Just a heads up.

Also like all guns keep the barrel clean, but you probably know that.
Kick me. I go "Moooooooo!!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5v0bZij40
RiotingCows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kenneth » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks this will help me alot
Kenneth
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Beran » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

do keep your mags slightly charged when you aren't using it, not a full charge just a little bit. put the gas can on there for maybe a half second, just enough to get a tiny bit of gas in there to keep pressure on the o-rings. otherwise they will dry out and go bad much faster.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs