HFC 1911

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

HFC 1911

Postby The Giggler » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 am

I feel that i need a good back up now, but I am poor as dirt. so is this a good buy
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=24165
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Sixxgun » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 pm

hfc is pretty good but what is your budget? Honestly save you money and look on AP classifieds, craigslist or ebay you can get a nice gbb for less than $75. I helped my buddy buy his current GBB which is a kwa usp (kp8) for $40.
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby The Giggler » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 pm

My budgets about 140 but I am a mag whore so i need a gun that has semi cheap magazines.
And another reason I like this pistol is the gas is kept in the gun instead of in the magazine
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shiloh » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 pm

If you have a budget of $140, go for WE or KWA. Quite possibly two of the best GBB manufactures (sp?) on the market, at least for the money. WE's can be gas hogs at times, but there's a great do-it-yourself fix that somebody posted up here some time ago. (Beran, I think? Not sure. My apologies if it isn't) And the magazines are pretty affordable, $25 or so for a 1911 single-stack mag.

And this might just be me talking out my rear-end, but why would you want a gun that stores the gas in the weapon? That just seems a little...strange. Why not go with tried and true?
"Why do you need a GUN?!"
"To poke holes in things too far away to get with the stick."

Buy my crap: buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2540
Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Beran » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm

yeah it was me, reposting something i learned from shogun.

the WE1911s are decent pistols, but they have quirks. most are fixable, but a used KWA is probably a better deal in the $140 range. should be able to get the gun and one or two mags used depending on the seller.

the upside to the WE1911s is the guns are cheap and the mags are cheap. the downside is you get what you pay for, and it wont last as long or be as trouble free as a more expensive KWA.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby The Giggler » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks I'm going to look at the brands you mentioned and decide between the two. All depends on the Mag interchangeability/price
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 am

If you want a 1911 KWA has some decent offerings. Not perfect, but decent. They also have more modern designs with novak sights, beavertails and such rather than strictly WW2. The mags are proprietary.

WE has more 1911s than I can count but to be honest most of them are not very great. The magazines are also crummy - hence there being so damn many guides to get them working.

KJW is a very underrated option. While their older guns have the same shiny finish, I handled a CO2 / Green gas model recently. Very consistent flat grey finish, almost like parkerizing. Next to no wobble, clean trigger pull and the safety clicks into place well. Shoots about same as a TM, 310 on .2 if mags are warm, and will burn through half the mag typically, about same gas efficiency as WE. The only problem I have is you can't use any other grips unless you modify them for the frame swells for CO2 cartridges.

If you ever take a look over a TM, they have some odd issues cycling if you have a total "crush" grip on them. Magazines are dead reliable. You generally won't finish the mag on rapid fire. Good stuff to use as project guns and dead reliable stock.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs