Primary Weapon

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Postby icebullet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Lunchbox wrote:
Poebot wrote:Ah, Yes... The WETTI SCAR... I've had my experience with that rifle. Steer clear. Mine currently sits at AONW wating to be repaired. Do NOT get it, I repeat; DO NOT get it.

Problems-

Mags suck (O rings, Freezing)

Crap design- (Unless you get the open bolt ;) )

Stock can break, mine did and it was fixed with the tightening of a screw.

Also, AONW doesn't stock it for reliability reasons.

If you must do the SCAR, do open bolt and C02.

Pro's

Look like a REAL Ranger

Black is sexy

Can be a eye catcher

Realistic mag count

Just my 2 Cents
All the others are pretty good.

I disagree with just about all of this, I have 10 mags that work great and do not leak at all. Never had a problem with any of my internals, but all the major parts have been upgraded to steel parts, I use propane and the only thing I am missing is the open bolt. Never had any externals break on me great solid feel

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I had one of the older SCAR's, and I was a total dumbass when it came to maintaining it. (Mags dropped, never oiled, thought it was an AEG, etc.) I've just had bad experience with it. You, are a much more experienced Airsofter, and I can tell that you know how to take care of it.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby quigly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 pm

If you knowingly didn't take care of your rifle, and it doesn't work, you should not be giving advise on said rifle. I bet most of your problems could have been avoided if proper care was taken.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby icebullet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Ok.. Yes. I didn't take care of my SCAR. I was a total noob. Please realize that. I was stupid. I honestly didn't know what i was doing. I thought it was a cooler, non battery, propane operated AEG. I cleaned the barrel and that was it, cleaning wise. I got smarter and oiled my mags a bit.

End of discussion.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:14 am

I've been using my WE G36c (I don't care that they call it a G39, its a god damned G36!) the last few games I've been at and I've been impressed with it. It shoots flat with .3s (anything lighter over hops even with the hopup dialed all the way down). I haven't had issues with it freezing up during firing. I did have the hammer roller pin fall out, so I'd suggest using some loctite on that as soon as you get it.

The mags are stupid big though, which is to be expected with a G36, so carrying more than 4-5 is just a pain. Other than those small issues, I've been impressed with it. Planning on running it till it starts getting cold out again.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Switchback » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:00 am

Beran wrote: there is a guy who posted an excellent how-to on here somewhere on taking care of those issues.

I read that, it was great. I'll probably end up doing everything in that little PDF...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 am

G&P WOC-X - Never used or examined by closely, couldn't tell you.

WE SCAR/MK16 - Shoots *okay,* like their normal M4s, kinda sluggish and burns gas fast. Heard it has just as many issues as the M4, but only shot, never owned so I can't comment on those.

WE G39C - To be honest, I think this is WE's best GBBR yet. It has excellent gas mileage, recoils well, has a consistent rate of fire and can burn the entire mag on auto consistently. Being mostly plastic, it bypasses most of the cheap metal shear issues, as well. The only issue I had at all was the bolt release being impossible to press at times, but probably not an issue for most.

KWA MP9/MP9R - Freaking loud, hard hitting and very handy. People are godly with this thing in CQB, and it holds it's own outdoors. If you burn the entire mag you probably will run dry of gas, but otherwise it's pretty efficient.

KWA/Umarex MP7 - Basically functionally same as the MP9, a little quieter and slightly slower rate of fire; closer to a GBBR in that sense than a Mac-11 or MP9. Some like how it feels better. One big advantage is you can holster it.

Some other recommendations:

WE PDW - It's unique, it's easy to carry and handy. Also seems a lot more reliable and slightly more gas efficient than the rest of the lineup, bar the G36C.

KJW M4A1 - I have to second the opinion that these are dead reliable guns shooting just a tad hot. They have the same shiny KJW finish but they're functionally good stuff.

KWA FMG-9 - I note this one just because I've been seeing a ton of those at my local CQB place recently. It looks cool, has room for optics, and is kinda hard to find a carry method for. Otherwise it's a KSC Glock 18C, which is fairly unique, performs well but can be a phony pony to get running if it does fail.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby wurger » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Wait for the KWA GBBR's to come out. The KWA forums have an AK board up now, so the guns are probably getting close. If the KWA GBBR mags are as good as their pistol mags...

Or hold out a bit and wait for some user reviews of the Polar Star HFA guns.
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs