KJW M9 bad gun?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KJW M9 bad gun?

Postby CCCman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 am

i recently got my kjw m9 and everything seems really nice soo far, no problems. but i looked at the reviews on airsoftgi, and there were actually a lot of bad reviews. things such as bbs rolling out of barrels if pointed down, and trigger springs breaking. does anyone have any of these issues with there kjw m9?
CCCman
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

Airsoft GI reviews are the same as the comments on youtube. If you read them, you get e-AIDS. I've had my KJW M9 for going on 4 years now with no issues. Its been dropped, abused and shot every game I've taken it to with no ill results. If you have BBs rolling out your barrel, you need to adjust the hop-up. As for the trigger spring, it is a weak point in the M9s, but its an issue that affects all brands of M9s, not just KJW.

Do be sure to maintain it properly, which is nothing more than a field strip, clean and relube every few months.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby God » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:13 am

I have to agree with the above... My friend uses a KJW M9 for as long as he's airsofted. Works great. He's had one jam with it since I've known him and that was most likely user-error.

It actually lasted longer than my KWA M9 PTP >.< Of course, mine was bought used-
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 am

The only issues I've had with my KJW M9 are the mags. But all gas mags go bad after a few years.
Bigfoot

Postby jdogbigmoney » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Mine works great
jdogbigmoney
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:17 am

Trigger springs breaking is a really common thing on airsoft 92Fs, but luckily it's easy to replace and spring sets are cheap - Guarder, MAG and Matrix make them for about $10. I've seen it on HFCs though, never on TMs, and only rarely on the KJW.

I find the BBs rolling out of the barrel unlikely, but the KJW has a fixed hop, so if your gun did do it there's not much you can do but have it refunded.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby jdogbigmoney » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 am

John_234 wrote: but the KJW has a fixed hop, so if your gun did do it there's not much you can do but have it refunded.

its not a fixed hop-up ;)
jdogbigmoney
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Krony » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:37 am

Like Jdog said it's not a fixed hop-up. They just decided to make it difficult for people to adjust it. My apologies for large pics and dark background.

Krony
Recruit
Recruit

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:36 am

jdogbigmoney wrote:
John_234 wrote: but the KJW has a fixed hop, so if your gun did do it there's not much you can do but have it refunded.

its not a fixed hop-up ;)

My mistake, the TM M9s I had were fixed and the KJW had the equivalent of a black box as it's hop up. Never figured that out. Guess it's a pretty big improvement over the TM, then.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs