Is WE 1911 really bad?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Is WE 1911 really bad?

Postby The Giggler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:14 pm

I've heard very polar reviews and opinions of this brand and I was wondering if it really is worth it to get (I know that there are repair stickies on it, but it seems to me that there are too many)
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Solid » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Mine's been fantastic, no problems whatsoever.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby The Giggler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Thank you Solid I just wanted to make sure, and I have just one more question which is: are TM parts compatible with WE 1911's?
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 pm

some are, some arent. one thing about the WE is you will be working on it a lot more. but parts are cheap and its an easy gun to work on.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Shadowsta13 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 pm

I only have experience with one of the WE models but it handled very well. Just make sure to stay away from CO2 mags or you'll be swimming in slide problems.
Top mattress, Left cargo pocket. Ready... Move!
Shadowsta13
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SCST

Postby icebullet » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Meh. I think one of the weak points would be the mags. Mine went all crazy when I did a mag dump.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Giggler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Alright thank you guys :D
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I had 2 that destroyed barrel bushings and spring plugs like crazy. Beran(?) now has them IIRC. They were great when they worked, but between the mags swelling, and the other issues, I decided to get rid of them.

Although, I'm pretty hard on my pistols... I have a KWA P226 PTP that's been broken for 3 years, I had a KWA USP Compact that snapped off the trigger (common to the USPc's).

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Beran » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 pm

yeah i have both of jesters pistols, although i think one of them is in about two other guns right now. i have six of the single stack WE 1911s now. once you get used to caring for it and do some up front work on them they arent bad guns.

dont store the mags full of gas, just a tiny shot in them to keep the pressure. otherwise they will swell in storage. do the gas consumption fix i listed on here in the gas section a while back. i also like to put two BBs underneath the follower spring in the mags, which adds pressure to the spring and helps the slide lock catch (this also decreases the mag capacity by two shots, but its worth it imo). ride the follower to the top with your finger, dont let it snap up.

the only other problem ive run into is the sear wearing down, but the part for that is like $6 and takes maybe twenty minutes to install. ive seen and heard of a lot of people breaking barrel bushings, spring caps, and slides but it has never happened to any of my six guns.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Hutch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I just bought mine. Its great. I love the kick and the mag capacity. but for some reason it shoots really high. (either the sights are low, or the barrel is pointed upwards a bit.) the problem is not hop-up.
"There was never a bad war, or a good peace." -F war quotes
Hutch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 am

I have the tactical single stack and the paint flakes really bad. It also came with two mags and one leaked right out of the box. Good thing I had a spare, but over all it's a good gun and I love to shoot it.
"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"-Mary Pickford
Nimrod
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ParoJo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:46 am

Just go with KWA 1911's. I love mine :D
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 am

They're great. I carry mine most of the time I go out, the mags are great when you maintain them like you should any other mag, and the quality of the replica is really nice. KWA 1911s are very bare-bones. My WE Wilson Combat 1911 has more visual appeal than the blank-frames KWA offers.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Lunchbox » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 am

Yeah my 1911 has been great and works like a champ. With good maintenance it will last a long time, mine is going on almost four years now
G.O.A.T.
Thomas Gabriel: On your tombstone it should say "Always in the wrong place at the wrong time".
John McClane: How about "Yippi-kay-ay, meanie"
Lunchbox
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 am

It really comes down to Chinese QC and pot metal. If you get a random lemon, it happens. But they have been getting better... they kick nice and shoot well, don't expect much gas efficiency.

The real flaw to WE tech guns is that WE as a company seems to be unable to make a decent pistol magazine. For some reason their rifle mags skim the problems that WE pistol mags have been so plagued with. Most mags rattle out of the box and get returned and replaced within a week or so because of intense leaking. If you get a reliable magazine, it is an act of god.

I may be exaggerating slightly, but if WE magazines were anywhere near as reliable as KJW, TM, KSC or KWA, I wouldn't complain about WE guns at all. Mags are just damned crucial for a GBB design, and when they're proprietary like WE, you're kinda SOL.

You can get a KJW that works flawlessly for the same price and is 90% TM compatible (grips aside.)
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Next

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs