WE M4, SCAR, or G36 skirmishable with a few upgrades?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Postby Lunchbox » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 pm

My WE Scar runs like a dream, upgrades have costed me about $100 so far and the only thing missing is the open bolt and a tightbore, but it still is very accurate and extremely reliable. It did take some tuning to get it that way though

RA-tech firing pin
PAS CNC steel trigger set
PAS CNC fire base and valve locker
RA tech stinger hopup
RA tech NPAS
G.O.A.T.
Thomas Gabriel: On your tombstone it should say "Always in the wrong place at the wrong time".
John McClane: How about "Yippi-kay-ay, meanie"
Lunchbox
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby pulsipher » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

Darius137 wrote:
pulsipher wrote:since your gunna spend the money anyway get a Polarstar PR15 from amped airsoft or evike. large iniatl setup low cost of ownership compared to GBBrs

Is that what you did to your M249?

Also, do those have recoil and use HPA gas?

I'm thinkin it's time I sell all my other airsoft guns and get one. B)

No I use a different system for my M249, which is for sale BTW. Its a Daytonaguna HPA Engine runs on only HPA

PanzerFaust wrote:Taking requests from Dan is akin to getting your prescriptions filled by Gary Busey.

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

Darius137 wrote:
pulsipher wrote:since your gunna spend the money anyway get a Polarstar PR15 from amped airsoft or evike. large iniatl setup low cost of ownership compared to GBBrs

The PolarStar engine uses HPA (NOT CO2 at all) and does have considerable recoil. The cool thing about the PolarStar (like pulsipher posted) is that you can adjust the velocity by adjusting the valve and by changing the diameter of the nozzle. Additionally, you can adjust the nozzle speed to make sure you get the best feed setup with given mags.
CommieHunter

Postby pulsipher » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

CommieHunter wrote:
Darius137 wrote:

The PolarStar engine uses HPA (NOT CO2 at all) and does have considerable recoil. The cool thing about the PolarStar (like pulsipher posted) is that you can adjust the velocity by adjusting the valve and by changing the diameter of the nozzle. Additionally, you can adjust the nozzle speed to make sure you get the best feed setup with given mags.

According to Polarstar the engine does not have a notable recoil

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Postby God » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 am

I have no will nor want of a polarstar engine. I prefer GBBRs for their near real steel actions and some for their real steel internal compatibility...

Would everyone agree that the WE G39c is the best out of the box performer on the market? If so, WHY IS IT SO CHEAP?? I can't understand how it's supposedly so awesome, yet so cheap.
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby icebullet » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:21 am

I had sticker shock too when I saw the WE Scar. Awesome Blowback and full metal? Good times.

But really, it's because the guns use substantially less parts, therefore, easier to produce= lower price. The cheap one you're looking at is the closed bolt one.... It's okay, but if you can afford the open bolt gun or the conversion, by all means go for it.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby G36 FTW » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Its cheap because it is made of polymer instead of metal.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby God » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:12 pm

G36 FTW wrote:Its cheap because it is made of polymer instead of metal.

This.. Has got to be it.. Would you guys choose the g36 or m4/hk416 by WE if you HAD to skirmish with one? Stock of course...
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Rainmaker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I'd take a G36 because its polymer so it weighs less and the mags can be clipped together. Also, it has a folding stock, which every single one of my guns has because it is such an amazing feature. The stock has a slot where you can store your pins when stripping your gun (like the real G36) so you dont lose them. HOWEVER, just remember that the charging handle is polymer too, so you might have to get a replacement metal charging handle eventually.
Rainmaker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby John_234 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:37 am

The G39C by WE is also their only rifle that can consistently dump a mag on fully automatic, every time. The bolt is much lighter, so the cycling is less sluggish and it's a lot more gas efficient. That alone makes it the obvious choice if you just want the most bang for the buck.

I don't like the unrealistic and hard to manipulate bolt catch, but that's really my only gripe.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:05 am

I have one of the pre-customs SNAFU WE M-4's.

F*** WE. In the a**hole. With a chainsaw.

I will never again buy a WE product, and I encourage others to avoid them as well. One of their gas magazines blew the f*** up like a grenade in my car. Threw jagged shrapnel hard enough to tear the headliner and seat. Mag was about half full of green gas, day was about 70 degrees. Inside of car, less than 100 degrees. The magazine body is made of shitty pot metal, and is way too thin to support a pressurized load.

I sent pictures of the failed magazine to WE. They, I shit you not, tried to tell me that it was user error rather than a manufacturing or design defect.

WE's quality control is shitty at best, and when they fail, they fail HARD.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Previous

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs