Revolers..?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Revolers..?

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Ok I have to ask, lately I've been thinking about purchasing a Licensed Dan Wesson WG CO2 Full Metal 8" High Power Airsoft 6mm Magnum Gas Revolver from Evike.com

But here's my question, aside from its sweet lovely revolverness, Would it really be worth it for the $120.00? Or would it be better just to get a standard GBB Pistol?
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Junto » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:21 pm

And would it shoot under a legal limit?

Always the biggest question with Co2 guns.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby gprather » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:46 pm

A friend of mien has one of those, and it is a lot of fun to shot, but with six rounds it runs out fast. It also hits in the 400+fps range. if you don't mind having to have a handgun for your handgun, then I think it would be worth it (and the friend who has it... does have a 1911 he brings with his Wesson =p). It's a fun gun, but not very practical.

EDIT:
Almost forgot... Through a scope on it, and a bipod, and you got yourself a DMR ;)
gprather
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Rainmaker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:57 pm

I own a Tanaka S&W M500 revolver, and it turns heads everywhere. I've even shot a few guys with it during games. The Tanakas aren't as realistic as the Dan Wessons (no shells and the body is plastic), which is why I'm thinking about trading mine for a nicer revolver. Revolvers r perfect for reffing. If you want to mix up the game or call out a cheater, those 6 shots come in handy.
If you use it outdoors, I think the higher FPS won't really matter since you only have 6 shots. What sucks is when someone uses a CO2 semi auto handgun and unloads the entire mag
Rainmaker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 pm

refmondry wrote:I own a Tanaka S&W M500 revolver, and it turns heads everywhere. I've even shot a few guys with it during games. The Tanakas aren't as realistic as the Dan Wessons (no shells and the body is plastic), which is why I'm thinking about trading mine for a nicer revolver. Revolvers r perfect for reffing. If you want to mix up the game or call out a cheater, those 6 shots come in handy.
If you use it outdoors, I think the higher FPS won't really matter since you only have 6 shots. What sucks is when someone uses a CO2 semi auto handgun and unloads the entire mag

My Co2 Desert Eagle does that :lol: Unfortunately I only plick with it since it doesn't fit in any holster...
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Minerva » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 pm

gprather wrote:having to have a handgun for your handgun

"Minerva's hot dog is the biggest"-Minerva
Minerva
Ranger
Ranger

Postby quigly » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm

I have been toying around with the idea of getting one and putting a long eye relief scope on it, and use it like a hunting handgun. The problem I cam across is that many host won't let you use them(that I have talked to). I have also liked the idea of making a race gun with one, but since there is no shooting competitions around here, I scrapped that idea.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs