GBB King Arms M4

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

GBB King Arms M4

Postby Hawk_Eye » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm thinking of buying a King Arms M4 I've shot it and used it for 1 hour at an OP. Seemed like a solid legit gun. Had great recoil, all metal, realistic, and felt GREAT. It made me feel like I was back at MCBH in the ISLC with my uncle and his students. But I didnt use it for to to actually "trust it" because I LOVE getting down and dirty with my riffles and gear at ops, but with this gun I wasnt able to do that since it wasnt mine. But im sure someone in the community is bound to own one or atleast USED to own one. So I want to know if youve ever gotten down and dirty with your KA GBB M4 how reliable and trust worthy is it? An if youve EVER dropped it in water or soaked it can you pick it back up and keep on firing with it? Ive done that with my KWA SR5 and it worked perfectly fine. So IF I was EVER[/u] to drop it in water or accidently soak it can I pick it back up and keep mowing people down with it? Please respond. Much obliged.
Hawk_Eye
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby God » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey, I actually have the KA M4. It's admittedly not 100% stock, but it works great once you've done a bit of tuning. I believe it's really old, as the previous owner went through the orig. BCG, bought a RA-TECH NPAS, and it looks heavily used too. The lower parts, while not steel, are of high quality. One issue I do have is the sear is a bit worn, so the gun sometimes slips in to full auto if on semi. I'll test the ability to soak it in my pond and fire it tomorrow if I think about it. I'm curious myself really.

ONE REALLY BAD THING, THE MAGS SUCK. I have 2, both leak. GHK mags work great though.

P.S. AEGs are almost always more reliable than GBBRs. Especially in OR weather.

P.P.S. The range/accuracy on my USED M4 is not the best currently. If I don't sell it, I'm going to buy a WA aluminum hop-up/tbb barrel.

Here's a great place for GBBR help/advice.

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby wurger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm

I was considering a KA GBB as I was getting bored waiting for the KWA M4's to come out. Did some Googling, and couldn't find much good about the WA/KA mags. Still waiting for the KWA GBB. Those mags won't suck.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hawk_Eye » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:30 am

Thanks Ninja. I understand what you mean about range/accuracy. My SR5 is about 2 years old and the range and accuracy on it isn't as it used to be sadly. An it has come to my belief that ALL GBB mags aren't the BEST and that they'll all leak at some point. Like my KWA P226 is 2 years old and I had 3 mags but now only 1 works. An yes wurger! I'm waitingnfor KWA GBBR as well. Have any idea when those will come out?
Hope for the best but expect the worst.
Hawk_Eye
Grunt
Grunt

Postby God » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:08 am

My GHK mags are working nicely. I've heard really good things about GHK mags too. If you bother lubing your mags weekly, they'll last for a fair amount of time. I think you guys may be giving KWA too much credit. I mean, their ATP series wasn't amazing. And their stuff is still essentially an open bolt system. The difference being, they've let the ATF screw up the authenticity of the lower.
God

Postby league 4 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:53 am

Keep in mind GHK mags will break extremely easily if they don't fit perfectly level in your gun because they have worthless plastic feed lips.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby Hawk_Eye » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I'll look into GHK. I haven't tried any of their ATP series. I'm still loving the 226. Just can do with better mags. Yeah, I hate what the ATF have done to the lower. :/ and after talking to some people on you who own a KA M4 say it's pretty good and sturdy. So I think I might get that or an ARES I've never personally tried an ARES but I've heard they are realistic and very reliable. What do you guys think?
Hawk_Eye
Grunt
Grunt

Postby league 4 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Ares aren't really reliable. "Terrible Proprietary internals" sums them up pretty well in most cases... Beran (I think) on here has an Ares or maybe Star M60 that's lasted him a long time. But generally I'd stay away from them, and they don't make GBBRs if that's what you're looking for.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby Hawk_Eye » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:19 pm

I know they don't. An thanks for the heads up. After watching some videos and talking to some people I'll stick with the KA GBB M4. But I still really want to know if it falls in water and you pick it back up it'll still work. so hows that coming along Ninja?
Hawk_Eye
Grunt
Grunt

Postby God » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Went to town today. Forgot it was gonna be Christmas Eve. PM me on say, Monday..
God

Postby Hawk_Eye » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:20 pm

WILCO. Thanks for all the help guys.
Hawk_Eye
Grunt
Grunt

Postby God » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Tested it. It works fine. But wastes gas as it has to force a wet bb down the barrel. Plus it drastically increases cool-down it seems.

Although, given the current temp outside, and the fact my M4 is having lower-issues, it may've been just me. Either way, it will keep firing after being entirely submerged, pulled out, give a sec for water to drain out, and fire. I didn't shoulder it before the water entirely was out mostly to stay dry....
God

Re: GBB King Arms M4

Postby Mr. Technicality » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:56 am

I've done a fair amount of rambling about my King Arms GBBR in this thread on the Evike forums. If I remember correctly one of the things I talked about was a technique I used to fix leaky King Arms magazines. I've become a big fan of gas blowbacks. But the major downside is that you need to put some serious money into a GBBR to make it as skirmishable as your average AEG.

To summarize the parts I'd recommend for making the King Arms skirmishable:
NPAS system
metal loading nozzle
metal hop unit
steel bolt

All that plus mags and whatever performance and external upgrades you want. The above is just to make it durable. Bottom line is GBBRs are expensive. But if you like working on guns (like I do) then it can be a joy to build it piecemeal. And again, for my full ramblings visit the link.

-OL/Technical
I'm a "fair weather" airsofter. I only play in the pouring rain, freezing cold, or broiling heat.
Mr. Technicality
Soldier
Soldier

Re:

Postby wurger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:53 pm

TheNinja wrote:My GHK mags are working nicely. I've heard really good things about GHK mags too. If you bother lubing your mags weekly, they'll last for a fair amount of time. I think you guys may be giving KWA too much credit. I mean, their ATP series wasn't amazing. And their stuff is still essentially an open bolt system. The difference being, they've let the ATF screw up the authenticity of the lower.

Can't argue re the ATP. Mine is an utter POS. The only bad KWA GBB I've owned. I'll be getting a KWA GBB M4 and a couple of mags for shooting cans and crows in the back yard but will be sticking to AEGs and Polarstar for game play.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs