HELP! KSC G19

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

HELP! KSC G19

Postby Orwell » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi! New here, loving the site.

My question has to do with my KSC G19. It's the first replica I've owned- a gift from my Grandfather a few years ago in celebration of me winning my first GSSF Match in the Junior Male division. Ever since receiving it, I've had intermittent issues with the slide locking back before the magazine is empty, and the gas venting to the sky.

Which sucks.

I took the whole darn thing apart to check if a small piece was broken (it wasn't,) and now I'm having a heck of a time trying to put it back together.

QUESTIONS:
1) What can I do to fix the venting issue?
2) Do you think AONW would put it back together for me..?

Cheers,
Truc'
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Rainmaker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 pm

sounds like your mag catch is fairly worn down. this causes tons of problems. I'm currently waiting on a new mag catch in the mail, since I had this same problem. As for putting it back together, I can't help you with that, as I've never had to dismantle my G19.
This should fix your problem (once your gun is back in 1 piece)
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?m ... s_id=25904
Rainmaker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby CommieHunter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:46 pm

If you bring it to AONW, they'll either

a) Put it back together for you if it's only field stripped

b) Give you tips on putting it back together

or c) Put it back together for you.

When these guns run out of gas, the last shot sounds like a ton of gas is venting, but it's really just the last little bit in the mag, since there wasn't enough pressure to cycle the gun.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Orwell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 pm

CommieHunter wrote:If you bring it to AONW, they'll either
When these guns run out of gas, the last shot sounds like a ton of gas is venting, but it's really just the last little bit in the mag, since there wasn't enough pressure to cycle the gun.

That's not the issue, I'm certain. In times previous, I've filled the magazine, loaded it, fired two shots and watch as a visible cloud of green gas vented out the top of my gun for multiple seconds. The second time, I tried to release the slide and stop the venting, but I was too slow.

Definitely something wrong.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby code789 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

its too hard to visualize what you are saying, it would be better off bringing it to some one who knows how to fix it.
or you can watch this and see if you did anything wrong when you reassembled it:
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby CommieHunter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 pm

TruculentMonk, that's always the first thing I ask, a lot of time it solves the issue. I own 3 of those pistols, so I might be able to help figure out what's wrong.

Here's one thing you might try: Cut out a little rectangle of plastic that's about the size of the blowback unit in your G19. You know that plastic that products come packaged in? Hard, kinda thin, little bit of material. Pull the blowback chamber, put the plastic above it as a spacer, and reasseble everything else as normal. This has solved a similar issue in a lot of G26 and G19 models.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby DJ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:52 pm

A hint for the future ...do not use the slide release on the gun , simply pull back on the slide and release after a mag change. This issue exists on RS Glocks too, the release lever is a piece of stamped steel and wears too easily the cut in the slide will round off too. Is the small tab on the reloading valve broken off? This happens from slapping the bottom of a too full mag. Always load the mags 1 short of full, to prevent this and do not be very forceful when seating mags. It does not look as cool as the TV cops , soldiers etc... but its a pain to keep replacing the reloading valve.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs