night sights for KWA M226

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

night sights for KWA M226

Postby Nark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I want night sights to replace the sights on my KWA M226 in order to "see" a little better at night. My question is would a set of sights (like the ones below) that were meant to go on a real steel version work also on the M226? Also how would I go about taking them off. If those wouldn't work do you guys know of any that work?

At first glance I'm thinking about a chisel and light hammering to loosen them up but I figured I would check with the pros on here first.

Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby McNair » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

For all those night games?
McNair

Postby Nark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 pm

exactly!!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Sahronax » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:40 pm

I sense sarcasm from mcnair.

That being said, my only mildly educated assumption would be that since it is a "professional training pistol" then such external parts should probably be compatible with RS parts.
Sahronax
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 pm

There is a standard size dovetail in RS guns. I do not know if this is the case with airsoft. I tried one of my real Trijicon sights on one of my AS Glocks. It did not fit. Have you priced the sights? They were $75 the last pair I bought. Short story, get a pair of calipers and measure the base of the dovetail slot before you drop the cash. These are awesome sights, I carried them on my service weapons for decades. Very effective in full darkness. Avoid the punch / hammer idea, it will mar the sight /slide with the slightest error. If you hit one of the tritium vials you may damage the sight, negating the night usefulness. There is a small dedicated thumbscrew press for this very job. Any gunsmith / gunstore has these presses ( sight adjustment tool). The sight needs to fit very snugly in the dovetail, it can be shimmed, but I do not think you would like the result. Kind of sloppy.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby wake.joe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm

I have Ameriglo GL146 on my KSC glock. Fits fine, been in there for over a year.

Don't tap the sites with a hammer and punch. The shock through the sight can (And has) ruptured the tritium vials. Use a sight pusher (None of the 3 sight tools I own, one glock specific, would work on the KSC. I just made one real quick.)

I don't play night games, but I do play indoor a lot.
wake.joe
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs