KWA LM4

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KWA LM4

Postby pappyjump » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 am

Between this and the kriss vector, who is eagerly anticipating their release? And has anyone caught wind of any more information as to the release date?
Last edited by pappyjump on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus"
pappyjump
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: KWA LM4

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 am

The LM4 estimated release has been pushed to March. This should coincide with the HK45 and restock of other out-of stock KWA products.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Steamroller » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I am actually excited for the KRISS Vector to come out and I am not a codfag. But I respect your opinions

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:I'm not anticipating the Vector. At all. Of course then again I'm not a codfag.

The LM4 looks interesting. Might make me switch to GBBRs if the gas consumption is good in all weather, mags are cheap, and it's reliable. I doubt it'll be all those things though, so it's just a mild interest for me.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton
Steamroller
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:59 pm

The Vector is big, and chunky. I'd rather take an Mp5 over it...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Sho Nuff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm a "cod fag" and I still don't like the Vector. Never even use it in the game. Its straight up fugly. To each their own, different strokes different folks. Now I am going to go play COD!
Sho Nuff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby pappyjump » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I love the way KWA lets you choose the fps very quickly. Thats one of the only things that i think are going for the vector.
"This stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus"
pappyjump
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 am

I can't wait for the Vector, I seen it on Future Weapons before cod had it, although it was one of my favorite weapons beside the P90. There's many reasons why i like the vector, its uses a bigger round then a MP5 (45 v 9m) so it potentially has better stopping power. The recoil system is amazing and well designed, in that all energy is transferred down into the pistol grip, so as to keep more control over the weapon, with out having to use bursts. Which is more then can be said for Full auto glocks. The best part, is its a machine pistol, so its small and easily maneuverable. The system doesn't even need a stock like the MP5. When they showed it on future weapons, the Vector was just as accurate with the stock as it was with it.
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 am

TheAirsoftSaint wrote:I can't wait for the Vector, I seen it on Future Weapons before cod had it, although it was one of my favorite weapons beside the P90.

Credibility = 0 .

You've just named the two most dumb-assed looking guns, in my opinion.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 am

ogrejager wrote:
TheAirsoftSaint wrote:I can't wait for the Vector, I seen it on Future Weapons before cod had it, although it was one of my favorite weapons beside the P90.

Credibility = 0 .

Opinion is opinion. I prefer the P90 to an M4, why for two reasons I have a small build and M4's tend to make me uncomfortable because of there length, I like the way a P90 looks and feels as well. It feels suit to my body. Not to mention i really like that the fire selector switch is located under the trigger. As well as the mag release and magazine being located on the top of the platform, to maximize the reload time of the weapon itself. Lets face it, where do you place your magazines on your rig anyways? On your chest right? Well if your mag release and mag are located even closer to your spare magazines then you can reload quicker.
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Variable » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 am

Y'all are arguing about looks and feel. You may as well be arguing about the playmate of the month.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

Variable wrote:Y'all are arguing about looks and feel. You may as well be arguing about the playmate of the month.

At least I had facts to back up my playmate :)
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:03 pm

TheAirsoftSaint wrote:
ogrejager wrote:

Credibility = 0 .

Opinion is opinion. I prefer the P90 to an M4, why for two reasons I have a small build and M4's tend to make me uncomfortable because of there length, I like the way a P90 looks and feels as well. It feels suit to my body. Not to mention i really like that the fire selector switch is located under the trigger. As well as the mag release and magazine being located on the top of the platform, to maximize the reload time of the weapon itself. Lets face it, where do you place your magazines on your rig anyways? On your chest right? Well if your mag release and mag are located even closer to your spare magazines then you can reload quicker.

I would argue that the M4 is faster in magazine changes. And here are my facts:

1)Gravity-You have gravity to help get the mag moving when you hit the release button. This means that you don't have to manipulate the magazine with your hand*. In the P90, you not only have to release the magazine, you have to lift up and back on it to get it clear of the weapon. That's 2 motions.

2)Less motions- as stated in point 1, it takes 3 motions to remove a magazine from the P90 (mag release, lift up, pull back). The AR takes 1 motion (push button). Loading is similar in motions (P90: angle down, slide forward, push down; AR: Push up). So economics of motion, the AR wins.

3)Loading a round- The AR wins again. AR's you have a bolt release located within reach of the magazine loading hand. P90 has no such feature and you are required to rack the charging handle. For the AR's, the use of extended bolt catch levers increases the speed at which you can manipulate the bolt for reloads/clearing/whatever.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby LiquidSnak » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Jester316 wrote:
I would argue that the M4 is faster in magazine changes. And here are my facts:

1)Gravity-You have gravity to help get the mag moving when you hit the release button. This means that you don't have to manipulate the magazine with your hand*. In the P90, you not only have to release the magazine, you have to lift up and back on it to get it clear of the weapon. That's 2 motions.

2)Less motions- as stated in point 1, it takes 3 motions to remove a magazine from the P90 (mag release, lift up, pull back). The AR takes 1 motion (push button). Loading is similar in motions (P90: angle down, slide forward, push down; AR: Push up). So economics of motion, the AR wins.

3)Loading a round- The AR wins again. AR's you have a bolt release located within reach of the magazine loading hand. P90 has no such feature and you are required to rack the charging handle. For the AR's, the use of extended bolt catch levers increases the speed at which you can manipulate the bolt for reloads/clearing/whatever.

If you're going for angle down, slide forward, push down for the P90, technically the AR is Insert rock seat tug. And IIRC the P90 still locks back, resulting in not having to rack the charging handle, but to pull it back slightly. That and the 50 round magazine means you have to change them out less.

Say it takes you 1.5 seconds to reload an AR platform, and 3 seconds to reload a P90, in a firefight, say you shoot off 186 rounds, you would have to change the mag on your M4... 5 times and would have 24 rounds left, for a total of 9 seconds reload time. To change the P90 mags out for 186 shots, you'd have to change magazines three times, for a total of 9 seconds. Fairly comparable, if you ask me.

The real advantage comes from the 5.7 round, and the fact that it is a 10.5 inch barrel on a 20 inch gun.

I'm not even sure why the P90 is being compared to an M4 at all, anyway, since one is a personal defense weapon, and one is a carbine assault rifle. If you wanted to compare the P90 to something, you should compare it to the MP7, or something like the KAC PDW, which is longer, and must have the stock unfolded to provide an accurate shot, despite its "easier" reload.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Jester316 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Note that I never mentioned round ballistics, magazine capacity, or use for the weapon. From a strictly reload standpoint, the AR wins.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Darius137 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:18 pm

The P90 has a great round, is a bullpup, is very short for CQB/MOUT and is made by FN.

It's a superior weapon. It's not made for 400m engagements in Afghanistan. But then again, the M4 isn't either.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Next

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs