Do you think it's smart to use these weapons in a war?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Do you think it's smart to use these weapons in a war?

Postby victor.hernandez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Like as a sidearm? I mean, read the discriptions and reviews! They seem like guns from heaven. There both WG CO2 1911s, and supposedly go up to 500fps, but people say it's more likely 420fps. The un-smart part is that people say it makes the opponent bleed at 40ft. Ones $40, and the others $75. They would be a secondary to a ~350-410fps AEG, even though people say they're great primary weapons.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... bile=false

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... bile=false
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Team: AK47

Re: Do you think it's smart to use these weapons in a war?

Postby Transition » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm

uhmmmm
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 pm

It's a terrible idea to use any airsoft gun in a war. It's next to impossible to kill someone with one.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby icebullet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Yeah.

No.

SIdearms are ment to be lower-powered for a reason. One, a 45. ACP is designed for a sidearm, so, realistically speaking, these would be guns/bullets from sorcery. Two, I highly doubt that any field or host would allow these to be played. Three, I'm not sure if it'll hold up to the rigors of airsofting, as it's almost a deal to be too good to be true.

IMO, go with a Green Gas pistol.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby victor.hernandez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Poebot wrote:Yeah.

No.

SIdearms are ment to be lower-powered for a reason. One, a 45. ACP is designed for a sidearm, so, realistically speaking, these would be guns/bullets from sorcery. Two, I highly doubt that any field or host would allow these to be played. Three, I'm not sure if it'll hold up to the rigors of airsofting, as it's almost a deal to be too good to be true.

Yeah, I kinda wante a lower velocity gas gun. But I know that the field I'll go to has basically no FPS limit or magazine limit. Only a age limit that's not really enforced.
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Transition » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:29 pm

sounds safe, why not just hop up your aeg to like 900 and hook up a car battery?
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby icebullet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

victor.hernandez wrote:

No.

BlahBlahBlahDon'tDoitblah

Yeah, I kinda wante a lower velocity gas gun. But I know that the field I'll go to has basically no FPS limit or magazine limit. Only a age limit that's not really enforced.

Sounds like you need a better field. Or an organized one, with actual rules. Play a game by Riddick or SPECDET, or one of the smaller guys. You'll be impressed by the difference.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby victor.hernandez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Poebot wrote:
victor.hernandez wrote:

No.

BlahBlahBlahDon'tDoitblah

Sounds like you need a better field. Or an organized one, with actual rules. Play a game by Riddick or SPECDET, or one of the smaller guys. You'll be impressed by the difference.

Yeah, well I like in Eugene and it's the only field we got. Other than going just me and my friends to play at a forest/grassland just outside town.
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Junto » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 pm

If it's a field for playing "AIRSOFT WARZZZ" on, I have to wonder if the people hosting have permission to use the land and, if it's private property, some sort of waiver for all that liability they're taking on in letting small children play and not chronoing replicas. Little Timmy gets his tooth knocked out and BAM, your field is gone like it never even existed.

Also, I think your signature may be in violation of the forum rules for its... girth.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Cloudyrains » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 pm

We pretty much answered the question that C02 pistols are crap in the last thread and you didn't listen or failed to understand that. Next time you have a question like this consult the little search bar on the top right of your browser before posting.

And to add to this, if you are playing on a field with no FPS limit, I would immediately find a better field. That just reeks of incompetence and horrible management, and is down right just not really safe if taken too far. If you think getting out to one of the well known local fields/games is too much driving, you probably don't care enough about Airsoft to have the motivation to get out here. I know people who live a lot farther away than you do who make it out to games on a consistent basis. There is nothing wrong with backyard warzzz, this is just not the right site for discussing it.

Also, buy a damn green gas/propane pistol. Or better gear like I mentioned earlier :P
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NFS_Shadow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I once bought one of those when i was younger and they are terrible. absolute garbage had to take it apart and fix it so many times. also way to overpowered as previously stated. They shoot at 450-465 fps which is about 100-150fps to high, get a good gas blowback pistol that shoots about 330 fps. Heck send me a pm and i'll sell you one very cheap. (happen to have an extra one that i dont want)
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Diegunner » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 pm

I can tell you that 99% of organized games will not let you in with a 500 fps pistol and that most of your friends in unorganized games will never play with you again I would say go with a green gas pistol there are an abundance of used ones in this website try looking at those first but I can say that there is no reason to have a pistol that shoots over 400 fps in a game a pistol is a short range gun ( yes even if it's a realy nice pistol) and that anything over 400 fps is just going to hurt people for no reason ( and not in the fun way either )
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:19 am

If you want to throw your money away and do not want to use it at any AP event, get one. Otherwise, save and get a KJW M9 or 1911. Quite possibly the best cheaper pistol out there that's worth owning.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Mcluvin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 am

I used to have one of those WG CO2 1911's when I did backyard warz with friends. They are crap and not worth the money. The fps also varies a great deal depending on how much CO2 is left in the cartridge. The first shot with a new cartridge might fire at about 490-500 fps and the last bb will practically roll out of the barrel due to lack of CO2. Buy a green gas pistol with consistent fps and purchase one worth owning.
forgottensons.webs.com
Mcluvin
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs