JG MP5A5 longevity upgrades

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

JG MP5A5 longevity upgrades

Postby victor.hernandez » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

I want to get an MP5 plus 5 90rd mid cap mags. I want it to last at least 5 years. What are the ONLY upgrades I will need to keep it going for 5+ years? I have no expirience whatsoever working on guns. I was thinking maybe buying a JG MK5 gearbox set invade it breaks one day, and metal bushings. But not installing them until it actually breaks. The gear set thong also comes with metal bushings already. I am graduating high school in 2015, and after that I'm going for the Marines, so I won't need it so much after that. Also, if you got a good MP5 from ASGI or amazon for around $160, please mention it. I kinda don't wanna be upgrading the gun after it keeps breaking every 50,000rds. I just want a good long lasting gun, and this one seems like my only choice. If I get one for 160, I won't be able to spend 50 bucks on 5 extra mags, and will have to live with one high cap.
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Team: AK47

Re: JG MP5A5 longevity upgrades

Postby code789 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm

the best way to have a MP5 last 5 years is not to buy one in the first place, especially to kids under 18. every 50k round is about time a gun will break, give or take. if you are not willing to pay 160$ or more and face this consequence airsoft is probably not the right sport for you yet.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Diegunner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm

do you know how hard it is to predict how long a gun will last it could last 1 year it could last 7 years. I can tell you that little things tend to brake in air soft guns especially in cheaper brand like JG if you really want a gun that will last you go a higher brand kwa, ics, classic army that will last you longer.
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JamesW » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 pm

My JG AK47 has lasted about 2-3 years no upgrades, never taken apart, all stock.
[img]http://www.knightairsoft.com/​kalabordaysig.png[/img]
Riddick wrote:I don't like the price of Rick's ammo
JamesW
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Hamster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Buy it then never touch it. Ever.

That way, It shall last forever.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:02 pm

My JG Mp5 lasted 2 years IIRC before I finally took it apart. At that point, it never worked right again.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby league 4 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Put in a metal cylinder head, metal/bearing spring guide, metal bushings (not bearings), riotSC chome molybdenum gears, a nice steel tooth rack piston (IMO), a really really weak spring, and run a 7.4v low amperage lipo and it should last for a pretty long time if everything is installed well.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby victor.hernandez » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am

league 4 wrote:Put in a metal cylinder head, metal/bearing spring guide, metal bushings (not bearings), riotSC chome molybdenum gears, a nice steel tooth rack piston (IMO), a really really weak spring, and run a 7.4v low amperage lipo and it should last for a pretty long time if everything is installed well.

Would buying this work out? And install itafter something breaks
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7667
Also, why have a weak spring? Wouldn't the FPS go way down? Is it good? And the low battery would make the ROF low as well?
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G36 FTW » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am

I have a JG MP5 that has been chugging along since 2008, they work fine until you muck with them.

Don't bother buying pre-assembled gearboxes to replace a gearbox you already have. It is cheaper to just replace whatever is broken- unless it is a gearset. But don't worry, JG gears are pretty nice. Use your gun till it breaks, then fix it, and repeat.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby victor.hernandez » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:33 am

G36 FTW wrote:I have a JG MP5 that has been chugging along since 2008, they work fine until you muck with them.

Don't bother buying pre-assembled gearboxes to replace a gearbox you already have. It is cheaper to just replace whatever is broken- unless it is a gearset. But don't worry, JG gears are pretty nice. Use your gun till it breaks, then fix it, and repeat.

I have no experience fixing internals, so I'll probably just take it to an expert to fix it. I just hope he doesn't brake something else on purpose and charge me extra :P
victor.hernandez
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiquidSnak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

victor.hernandez wrote:
league 4 wrote:Put in a metal cylinder head, metal/bearing spring guide, metal bushings (not bearings), riotSC chome molybdenum gears, a nice steel tooth rack piston (IMO), a really really weak spring, and run a 7.4v low amperage lipo and it should last for a pretty long time if everything is installed well.

Also, why have a weak spring? Wouldn't the FPS go way down? Is it good? And the low battery would make the ROF low as well?

NO. Search JG.

I keep trying to tell everyone, but apparently it's not working. If you want a JG to last, do NOT touch the internals. The barrel should be the only thing you replace.

If you want quality parts, start with a quality gun. If you want a cheap gun that will last a while, get a JG and DON'T TOUCH THE INSIDES!
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby league 4 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm

victor.hernandez wrote:

That's just a spare stock OEM gearbox... And a weaker spring would put less stress on internals making it last longer. By how long? I don't really know.. Same concept with ROF, really. As for upgrading it, the three JG guns I remember owning off the top of my head, all but one broke pretty quickly out of the box so I ended up doing minor upgrades then they worked well for a few months until I sold them (AK47 and G36c), but the M733 was fine stock for a pretty long time.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs