KWA LM4, who has/skirms them?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KWA LM4, who has/skirms them?

Postby bye » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 am

I just received my LM4 and am in the process of modding it to a awesome PTW skirmish gun. How many guys on AP have/skirm their LM4? What mods have you guys done if any?
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: KWA LM4, who has/skirms them?

Postby Pacman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 am

I know quite a few people who have picked these up including most of SOTA. Heard good things but nothing about mods. I'm sure one of them will chime in soon
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby pulsipher » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 am

I have a LM4, no mods yet

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Toonvater » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 am

"We will find a way... or we will make one."
The Carthaginian General.
Toonvater
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SA12 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 am

I love the LM4, also the bolt stop modification IMO is a mod I highly recommend.

Here's my build...
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bye » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:11 am

Daamn, that's my future build. minus a few things of course.

I need to figure out the bolt catch mod though. Have you tried the ns2 bucking mod?
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SA12 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 pm

I've never experienced any hop up issues so negative on that one.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:20 pm

SOTA, so far, has 10 LM4's in the squad, with another 3 showing up. I run two, one configured for CQB and the other for outdoor/DMR, though swapping bolts between the two makes both versatile. I haven't applied any internal mods yet myself besides external features, though I have to order a new bucking (RA-Tech) and hop-up tab.

If you want great info on mods for the LM4, head over to KWA's technical forums. The two leading authorities on LM4 modding, IMO, are akiraspeedstar (AKA geckoactual) and boobiem4h. They both have contributed greatly to modding the LM4. Both have YouTube channels.

Keep an eye on RA-Tech's page for mods too.

Below is my CQB rifle, minus the light/laser and optics; it's light and go-fast...
Attachments
photo (13).JPG
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby bye » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 am

Damn, wish TAAT could afford dat shit. Haha. My LM4's more of a training weapon than big skirmisher merely because I'm so limited compared to everyone. Maybe in a few months after I've sold things and have more mags...

How many mags does SOTA use per member? Would you say 8 is enough if semi is used near-solely?
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 am

A couple guys have 10 or 11 mags (P-mags), but most have about 6 p-mags. This gun teaches you trigger discipline, though you could load an AEG with 38 rounds to simulate the "real thing" (however a GBBR's operation is near to a real steal AR). Definitely semi-auto almost exclusively. Even then, you can burn through them.

I figure it's like this: a person using an LM4, or any replica with limited ammo, is going up against a ton of players with SAW's. Every AEG out there is practically a SAW, with 100+ rounds to a mag and firing full auto bursts most of the time. So one will have to be thinking more, move more, and firing intentionally. For example, covering fire with an AEG is full auto down range to where the threat is (95% of the time). If you read the Ranger Handbook, it's like 1 or 2 rounds downrange every 60-120 seconds, or as needed. That discipline carries over to GBBR's.

SOTA has been training this way at our practices and at our last practice, everyone had LM4's. A GBBR is a game changer in my book, and really ups a player's game. It's even a little more "mil-sim."

Will let you know how we fare at a full blown event and how practical all this is. LCXII is what we're prepping for.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby bye » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 am

Awesome, now I want my LM4 skirmishable even more. That's always been my issue with airsoft. Everyone and their mother pretty much abuses the ability to full auto everything. For me it takes away from the game a lot. Not saying I'll stop playing, but it's like, 1 guy with an AEG M4 or whatever can suppress 5+ guys if done right pretty much indefinitely. Which is why I hate and despise the introduction of the Polarstar. At least AEG spray and pray would hopefully strip his/her gun's gears or piston. Now you can spray and pray all day, everyday, with pretty much no worries.

I actually got bitched out by someone on my team for using semi auto to suppress some guy. There are guys who'll fire well over 100rds in 1 long burst. *long a$$ sewing machine sound* Saddening.

Are there any fields that play semi only games? Or at least require low caps(my definition is <50rds per mag)? Those games I'd love.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 pm

There aren't any GBBR only fields that I know of. Go over to our web site sotaairsoft.com and give us a shout out and to find out when we practice next.
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am

I've used my LM4 at OP: Tradewinds. I haven't been to another game.

I got 3 mags of BBs through, did not run out of gas in any mag. That was 62-64 degrees and wet.

I shortened the outer barrel, Jesse shortened the inner barrel. Jesse also took it apart and messed with the hop-up unit on mine. The KWA NS2 bucking from the pistol series does NOT fit without some considerable modification. We looked and decided to put the original one back in. However, getting the original one in hand-fitted straight made a huge difference. Mine is now sending .30s easily over 200ft, with much better consistency than I had at Tradewinds.

As far as cover fire, it's true that an LM4 will change how you provide cover fire. At OP: Tradewinds, other guys would just shoot full auto at the side of a building. I would point at the window and shoot a round every time I saw someone approach the window. I did the same job they did, but with 2-6 rounds per minute instead of 60-100.
CommieHunter

Postby wurger » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Stock internals, some cosmetic external mods on mine. I play with 5 mags, and so far it hasn't been a problem. I've never had to reload during a typical 3-4 hour game. But I rarely go over 400 BB's using an AEG, so the reduced mag capacity hasn't been a huge adjustment.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:46 pm

I've had WE GBBR's, and played (mostly indoor) with them. I started on standard magazines, and moved to mid caps, so the ammo conservation was barely noticeable.
I will say that (similar to playing with pistols, my new grind) it makes you more intense, and feel more immersed.mi notice that my play style tightens up and becomes more effective with GBB's, and especially with a full-sized GBBR.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Next

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs