KWA LM4, who has/skirms them?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Re: KWA LM4, who has/skirms them?

Postby Infidel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 am

Orwell wrote:Hey, McNair, when you play OP:LC you can only afford to. ;)

Quality over quantity!
Infidel
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Diegunner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 am

Side question does anyone know if you can mechanically limit a lm4 to semi auto?
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby dos_Santos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Diegunner wrote:Side question does anyone know if you can mechanically limit a lm4 to semi auto?

I don't know if it's been done yet (haven't looked) but I assume you have to modify the whole selector assembly so that the internal mechanism only allows partial rotation. If you are thinking of a DMR setup, I am on the same path, with just the mechanical limit of the selector switch to modify to complete the "DMR" role for this gun. I have briefly looked at how I can make the mod, but like I mentioned, have not really researched it yet.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 pm

dos_Santos wrote:
McNair wrote:Too bad SOTA only plays twice a year ;)

Yea, it's been an interesting year, I think I have only made it to one event at Sniperz Den this year. I had to drop out of one and will have missed 3 others by November, all because of work or vacation schedules. That's been the biggest obstacle. Hopefully next year we'll make more.

AH, I Just like giving you guys shit.

Besides, it's hard to afford gas to all those games when you're spending so much $$ on nice rifles !
McNair

Postby SA12 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Diegunner wrote:Side question does anyone know if you can mechanically limit a lm4 to semi auto?

With some JB Weld or epoxy you could fill these two channels on the fire selector, this would stop the LM4 from firing in full auto. I discovered this when I attempted to install a real AR15 fire selector. Those two channels had to be cut out into the real AR selector for the full auto to function.

I have a spare fire selector (I installed a steel Guarder), Ill mod it and see if it works correctly. Guess I got another how to video to create haha.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm

akiraspeedstar wrote:

With some JB Weld or epoxy you could fill these two channels on the fire selector, this would stop the LM4 from firing in full auto. I discovered this when I attempted to install a real AR15 fire selector. Those two channels had to be cut out into the real AR selector for the full auto to function.

I have a spare fire selector (I installed a steel Guarder), Ill mod it and see if it works correctly. Guess I got another how to video to create haha.

Filling those slots was my guess, but haven't had an opportunity to verify it. With AP's DMR rules, this is a mod I want to make, however I was hoping to find a non-permanent solution, just in case.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby SA12 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Well a new one only costs about $15
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 pm

akiraspeedstar wrote:Well a new one only costs about $15

Ha! I was on the phone with KWA ProShop today and was going to ask the price and forgot; thanks!!
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Diegunner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:31 pm

akiraspeedstar wrote:

If you can make a how to video that would be great. Also is the inner barrel an aeg cut? If not what kind of inner barrels will work in it?
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SA12 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

The LM4 uses a specific cut that no other GBB or AEG use, RA-Tech and KM Head make inner barrels, nothing else is compatible.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bye » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Technically NS2 barrels fit don't they? I mean, they're tiny, but maybe put an extended KWA MP7 TBB for a CQB LM4? I dunno how much length you'd lose, but just a suggestion.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 am

Jester316 wrote:JewishNinja has tried to put on a couple GBB only games (and pump shotguns). Lack of interest in this community prevented them...

I may try to make that game happen again next year. I'm hoping with how wide spread GBB rifles and SMGs are becoming, that it works this time....
Last edited by Jewish Ninja on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby SA12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 am

Dexter wrote:Technically NS2 barrels fit don't they? I mean, they're tiny, but maybe put an extended KWA MP7 TBB for a CQB LM4? I dunno how much length you'd lose, but just a suggestion.

The NS2 barrels have a different cut
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SA12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 am

Jewish Ninja wrote:
Jester316 wrote:JewishNinja has tried to put on a couple GBB only games (and pump shotguns). Lack of interest in this community prevented them...

I may try to make that game happen again next year. I'm hoping with how wide spread GBB rifles and SMGs are becoming, that it work this time....

As long as Im not working, I'll definitely be there
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bad Karma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

My interest is thoroughly piqued. Keep us in the loop.
Biggest Postwhore 2009
Author of the Best Post of 2009
XO of the Best Team of 2009
Bad Karma

PreviousNext

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs