Airsoft Ignite 1911 Hi-Cappa

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Airsoft Ignite 1911 Hi-Cappa

Postby Jmonday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Okay, so I've bought this. It seems great, but its up at 430fps and I can't play in CQB fields located around the Portland area, and I was looking around the net and couldn't find anything. I was wondering if I could use like, .20grams because I think that's what Tac-Ops and OAA uses. It's a great gun, and works great for a starting person. Any ideas? :D
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft Ignite 1911 Hi-Cappa

Postby RedSpo0n » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:19 pm

I have one - and it sits right around 380 w/.2 BBs. It's not CQB-safe at all, and I don't know a reasonable way to make it safe short of using a Green-gas mag from WE/TM/KJW. I haven't tried that yet myself, but I DO know it's valve is a little different that the KJW CO2 mag. It fits in the frame, and loads BBs propperly, but the valve itself is more reccessed so the striker doesn't hit the valve hard enough to cycle propperly.

If you do give Green-gas mags a shot, post up which brand and how it works out for you. =p

On a completely different note - if your still using .12g BBs, your doing it wrong. =p .2g is the standard weight we measure with, and alot of folks use heavier stuff to actually gameplay. That said, for accurate FPS measurement, always chrono with .2
With all the pretty flowers and twigs in your ghillie.. perhaps you should take up gardening?
RedSpo0n
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jmonday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:26 pm

RedSpo0n wrote:I have one - and it sits right around 380 w/.2 BBs. It's not CQB-safe at all, and I don't know a reasonable way to make it safe short of using a Green-gas mag from WE/TM/KJW. I haven't tried that yet myself, but I DO know it's valve is a little different that the KJW CO2 mag. It fits in the frame, and loads BBs propperly, but the valve itself is more reccessed so the striker doesn't hit the valve hard enough to cycle propperly.

If you do give Green-gas mags a shot, post up which brand and how it works out for you. =p

On a completely different note - if your still using .12g BBs, your doing it wrong. =p .2g is the standard weight we measure with, and alot of folks use heavier stuff to actually gameplay. That said, for accurate FPS measurement, always chrono with .2

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is Co2, not Green Gas compatible, I'm also thinking 'bout buying that WE G18c GBB Auto. But i'm still not sure. Do you think I could lower the fps to around 350 with different bb's? Or is it a lost cause?
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby RedSpo0n » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm

I have the exact same model you do - it IS greengas compatible if you purchase a greengas magazine. I am aware the included mag is CO2.

Heavier BBs DO NOT make the gun safer to use. While the FPS reading on the chrono will be lower, the impact they impart will be higher. That's why we measure with a known weight of BB (.2).

A super-simplistic example for you: If you get hit by a baseball going 35mph, your gonna get a bruise and be mad at the guy that hit you. If you get hit by a car going 35mph, it's potentially lethal, and your gonna get royally upsidedown up. The more mass an object has, traveling at a set velocity, the more kinetic force is behind it. Make sense? (and sorry to all the edumacadted folks that know the formulas and correct terminology)

SO! In order to bring that particular pistol down to a CQB-safe velocity, you'll either need to find a way to regular the CO2 pressure down (very complicated and expensive, if the parts even exist), or switch to a lower pressure power source, like Green-gas. And like I said earlier, I've not tried a Green-gas mag in mine yet, so I don't know if that will bring the velocity down enough or not.
With all the pretty flowers and twigs in your ghillie.. perhaps you should take up gardening?
RedSpo0n
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jmonday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks, yeah I'll look into getting a Green Gas mag. Or buy a new pistol :)
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Riddick » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:49 pm

solution = green gas mag and HFC134a gas or buy AI propane Adapter and use the duster gas tip
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Jmonday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, since my parents are sticklers when it comes to money, I'm just gonna buy the cheap Umerax Co2 USP. I just need something to give me a back-up.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jmonday » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 pm

But thanks to every one who commented. I really was wondering about it.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs