rail system WE ak74un?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Re: rail system WE ak74un?

Postby VikingR » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Uhgh! If I had know this thing was such a pain I would gotten the full length ak gbb from we and cut it down.. jeez. Hey thanks alien for posting that link. Punching out screws and stuff makes me nervous, especially if I am not sure if a rail will even fit after. I may just go with a side rail that can carry light and sight. Why the heck would they go to such lengths to make a replica inside and out, and then pin on the freaking hand guards? Stupid
Thanks again everybody. Good ideas and lots of help. I'll chew on it for a bit and do somthing about this
"Never cease to be true and brave; never turn your arms against one another; and never turn them away from the giant and the oppressor." - Odin
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

You can do the hella Russian thing and use zip ties to attach a rail section to the bottom. Or screw the thing into the handguards themselves if you're feeling saucy...
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby VikingR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:29 am

I have considered screws and two part epoxy to add a bottom rail. I have contacted evike tech support and am standing by. If they say tough luck that's how its gonna be. With the sight and light on the side scope mount. Less than ideal but functional. Edited to add: I may throw on some zip ties for cool guy factor.. yep its decided. If its gonna be bubba'd I am going all in
"Never cease to be true and brave; never turn your arms against one another; and never turn them away from the giant and the oppressor." - Odin
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 am

Having your light that far back isn't going to be as useful as it being on the handguard. Half of your beam will be covered by your gun. Mounting it as far forward as reasonably possible is the best idea.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Previous

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs