Softshell Jackets

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby Mars » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 pm

LiquidSnak wrote:Way to answer the first question that was asked in August, Mars. :P

Yea, I started to read through the thread and then my head hurt so I just went HURF DURF.

These jackets tend to be so expensive because they are made with limited run materials, which are expensive, are designed in such a way where they are not the most economical to produce, but are instead of the highest performance, and also because of the R&D that goes into them. Beyond Tactical is a shining example of expensive stuff, but you are getting a 100% custom fit garment configured exactly how you want it.
"Your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown. For I am the god of war Mars, and I will cut you down."
Mars
Soldier
Soldier

Team: RR

Postby Colosseum » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Hate to bump this, but I bought myself a Condor Soft Shell for Christmas from WeaponBlender, and I absolutely love it.

It's pretty cheap for a jacket this nice. The arms have several zip pockets each (and the bicep pockets have a rubberized cut for sliding iPod headphones through, pretty handy). It has vertical chest pockets which are bleeding great.

10/10
Colosseum
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Juicemachine » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 pm

I recently got a Black Diamond softshell from Costco. It was under $30, and it works great. There aren't a whole lot of pockets (3 external, 2 internal), but there is some headphone routage, and it's quite warm. It's slightly two-tone in its OD-ness, but that's not horribly noticeable. It looks good, and works well for airsoft as well as real life.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby slipstream » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:22 pm

juicemachine wrote:I recently got a Black Diamond softshell from Costco. It was under $30, and it works great. There aren't a whole lot of pockets (3 external, 2 internal), but there is some headphone routage, and it's quite warm. It's slightly two-tone in its OD-ness, but that's not horribly noticeable. It looks good, and works well for airsoft as well as real life.

I want one. Pics? Link?
Last edited by slipstream on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Postby slipstream » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:22 pm

holy double post Batman!
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment