FASTmag pouches

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

FASTmag pouches

Postby Darius137 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:07 am

So I've been looking at these, and wondering exactly what makes them better than a shingle, or even regular multiple-magazine pouch?

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/fastmagsi ... rrier.aspx
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:29 am

They are tacticool???
The only thing I can see is that there is no bungie needed to hold it, along with the fact that it be grabbed with more of the mag instead of just the bottom of the mag.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."-B. Lee
Peaches
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:52 am

its a magpul fad.

it works great, but before art of the tactical carbine, no one was using them....

now everyone wants them.

bladetech makes the best product in my opinion.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am

I've got a few of the Blue Force Gear FastMags attached to a bandoleer I use as a 'Go Bag' at work. They work fantastic. I have no need to be attached to my belt like Chris Costas.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... /band6.jpg

http://www.falcontactical.net/blfogefamara.html
BoogeyMan

Postby Android » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:48 am

Has anybody tried the Magpul PTS PMAG's on the FASTMags? I understand the PTS mags are shorter than the RS PMAGs, but that won't cause fitting issues, right? I'm tempted to pick some up because I noticed that when I stack shingle pouches the inner ones tend to compress a bit & makes it harder to put mags in there. That being said, I remember the 2nd gen FASTMags are stackable; can the newest ones do the same?
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:56 am

I know for a fact that Magpul PMAGS fit the Blue Force Gear FastMags I posted above. No problems whatsoever.
BoogeyMan

Postby Android » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 am

VTEK911 wrote:I know for a fact that Magpul PMAGS fit the Blue Force Gear FastMags I posted above. No problems whatsoever.

Were you using real steel or Airsoft PTS PMAG's?
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby BoogeyMan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 am

Real .223 Magpul PMAGS. However I've taken airsoft steel mags and put them in there and they've worked perfectly.
BoogeyMan

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 am

Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:37 am

i like your workspace Vtek911.

very unique indeed.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Seagreen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am

The biggest advantage I can see Dan is a consistent "holster" for the mag, over flexibile fabric. Pulling mags out of kydex vs fabric from my experience is completely user friendly either way, but replacing them quickly though the kydex has been better for me.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Darius137 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm

The problem I see is that it wastes a lot of "real estate" and even though the kydex itself is hard, it still has an attachment point to the cloth/webbing/nylon, where there will be pull and give you the same effect as a cloth mag pouch.

I used to have 3 Safariland kydex mag pouches. Never really liked them.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Postby Juicemachine » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm

I can see them being useful only if you use the "beer can" style grip to reload, as you can get much more magazine in your hand, as peaches said. They also hold the magazine in tightly, so one doesn't have to worry about them falling out, and can even mount them upside-down (especially in the case of airsoft magazines, as they're considerably lighter than real ones). I saw some of the Ebaybanned copies at End of Lies, and I was impressed. I will probably soon get around 7 of them for my CQC loadout, as I do use the beer can style grip to reload.

They are also lighter, and somewhat less conspicuous, that normal mag puoches, so if you[url] were attempting a lighter or somewhat 'concealed" loadout, you could throw a few of these on a belt, a KAC PDW under your shoulder, concealable armor, and a stonking great big coat over it all.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 pm

I wouldn't build an entire load out with fastmag/kdyex pouches, just have one has an emergency "sweet-Jesus-farts-I-need-to-reload-right-fucking-now" mag. Use it more like a ready mag than for normal use. Not all times require those sub 2 second reloads so theres no reason to have a vest/rig lined with them.

It might be how I play, but I've only been in a few firefights where I needed my weapon back up ASAP (and when that happens, that what a side arm is for). Thats the main reason I see an over abundance of them kinda unnecessary but thats just down to personal choice, just like every other bit of gear/style of loadout evar.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Tactical Equipment