Propper ACU Style Pants Sizing

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby TMiller » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Chachi_RC wrote:I have heard that about Tru-Spec. What is it about them that makes them bad? Just curious I guess.
Just poor quality, almost every pair of tru-spec trousers I own are either ripped in the crotch area or the thigh.

They're stiff, uncomfortable and fade really fast.

Pretty much this too, although I almost never wash the pairs I own so I haven't noticed any fading.
TMiller
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Tekmatic » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:42 pm

I got my Propper ACUs in today. The pants are way big. Have to send them back for Mediums. Bummer.

The material is also really stiff. I'm guessing they'll break in though.

FYI- I ordered from BDU.com and they came really quick.
Tekmatic
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Chachi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Tek-
Really? Too big huh? Hmm, now I am thinking that a Large may be good for me. Well, I try the XL on Saturday, and if they are too big, I'll just order some up being that Camo & Gear doesn't have any L in stock. Thanks for the update!
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Chachi,

I have both the Army issue ACU's and Proper Multicam Pants. The Propers are cut big. I'm a 36" waist and my ACU's fit great with room to spare. I'm swimming in my Propers. They are both Large-Reg's.

You want the pants to fit and give you some room to maneuver, but you don't want to look like a gang banger or some 16 year old with low rider pants. My guess is your going to need a large, but that also depends on how you like to wear your clothes.

You're doing the right thing by taking the extra time to drive somewhere and trying them on.

See you at CEIV. We're in the same platoon.

P6
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Tekmatic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, I'm lazy and couldn't find a place within reasonable distance that had the Propper ACU in Multicam.

I did some more thinking about the sizing. The tag in the pants mention they're for 35"-39" waist, even though the website states 35-38.

The website states the Mediums cap at 34". Not sure what the tag actually says though, but assuming it would list 35", I think I've made the "Propper" choice and I'm just in the middle of the Large size.
Tekmatic
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment