m14 mag pouches

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

m14 mag pouches

Postby Teleavenger » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 pm

hey,

so im getting an m14 ebr, but i need a vest with pouches, so what would be the best type of vest/pouch to hold the mags.

thanks!
Teleavenger
Teleavenger
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby mojo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Personally I like Chest rigs... but it really depends on you and your comfort... also your playing style..

Do you empty mag after mag? or place your shots?
How many mags do you want to carry?

I think you get the idea... each variable will change the answer.

As far as brand I use Tactical-Tailor...
Yes its for real steel and yes it costs more but I have only had to buy ONE in ten years of playing.
mojo
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:53 pm

I am currently using an ALICE loadout. I have an ALICE Belt w/ shoulder straps, and you can customize it to your own liking. Last time I went to the Aloha Surplus store they had ALICE items as well as a selection of M14 pouches.

This helps especially if you have a limited budget, and in my opinion, you can still remain agile with an ALICE loadout.
Fritz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Octose » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:57 am

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2693

w/

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2632 (going to want a few of these)

You are also going to want to invest some money in a few other pouches such as
Admin Pouch
Dump Pouch
Hydration Carrier
Utility Pouch
Octose
Ranger
Ranger

Re: m14 mag pouches

Postby Sleepy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 am

Teleavenger wrote:hey,

so im getting an m14 ebr,

Hope you're strong, kid. I used to be a bodybuilder in high school, and that phony pony was heavy.

Teleavenger wrote:but i need a vest with pouches, so what would be the best type of vest/pouch to hold the mags.

thanks!
Teleavenger

That really depends on you and your style of play. If you're going to be sitting in one spot securing a position, I'd recommend an ALICE belt. I ran an EBR and ALICE a year or so back, and it was really the best way I could have done it. If you're more the run and gun type, ASGI has some deals on M14 shingles and plate carriers.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 am

The best thing to do before you decide on what gear to buy, is figuring out your play style with that gun(different guns will make you play in a different way. You wouldn't use a SAW the same way you'd use a bolt weapon for example). Take it to a couple games and see what you do with it. If your dumping mags left and right, you'll probably want a larger setup (like a plate carrier) that'll allow you to carry mags out the wazoo. If at the end of the day you still have 7 out of 10 mags loaded, you'd want to look into a smaller setup, such as a bandoleer or MAV.
If you wanna get your rig on the cheap, an ALICE setup is hard to beat. If you want something more modern and have the monies, I'd suggest
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/762308doublemagpouch.aspx
on this
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavvestbody1piece.aspx
or this
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/minimav.aspx

I have a fair share of TT's gear and its worth it. Yes its more than china man stuff, but I bet anything it'll last longer.

Also, don't forget a good sling and a source of water is very important.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Teleavenger » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 pm

thanks for all the suggestions, another question i have is do m14 mags work in m4 mag pouches?
Teleavenger
Grunt
Grunt

Postby shakespeare » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:44 pm

I would second either a Tactical Tailor MAV setup or a genuine (there are cheap chinese ALICE gear copies that are terrible) surplus ALICE rig.

As for the mags and mag pouches, I know that the real .308 cartridge is about a half centimeter longer than the .223. I have no idea about the airsoft pouches.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Teleavenger wrote:thanks for all the suggestions, another question i have is do m14 mags work in m4 mag pouches?

Kinda in the sense that a double M4 mag pouch will stretch to fit an M14 mag. If you want a rig that will let you use just about any mag and will still keep them in place, you might want to check out Mayflower Triple shingles I have these on my rig and they will take, SR-25, M4, VFC SCAR-H (bit different than SR-25 mags), AK, and G36 mags. Yes M4 mags move around in them a bit, but I have yet to lose one. The upside of getting those shingles is should you decide you want to use a different gun, you don't need to change your rig, it'll take whatever you throw at it.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Tactical Equipment