HSGI side plate carrier with a Pantac Weesatch compatibility

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

HSGI side plate carrier with a Pantac Weesatch compatibility

Postby shakespeare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:22 pm

I've been considering getting a plate carrier for more direct action games, to carry additional gear over my MAV or ALICE setups. I then remembered that my Pantac Weesatch can carry more gear than the average plate carrier, but lacked sides (a cummerbund). I set out to find one, and found that HSGI makes a side plate carrier for the real steel Wee/Wa/Woosatch rigs. http://www.practicaltactical.net/prosto ... ate/Detail
They even say that it might work on some other manufacturers PCs as well.
Does anybody know if this will work? If not, does anybody know of a cummerbund that will?
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby LiquidSnak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 pm

If you have a weesatch replica it's likely to fit, but no guarantees.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby shakespeare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:40 pm

The part that mainly has me confused is the side buckles. The HSGI, and Condor, have buckles on both sides, but the Pantac only has a buckle on the right side. Are the buckles used in attaching the side PC?
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby shakespeare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking too. I guess I might end up checking for return policies if I do buy one.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby shakespeare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks! Let me know what happens.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby Patterson » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 am

For the amount of money those side adapters are, you'd almost be better off selling your current Satch, and saving up a little extra coin and getting an EPC w/ cummerbund.

You can't necessarily add a cummerbund to the Satch series because the Wasatch darn near wraps around on an average size torso. The side plates are designed for bigger guys around that region of their body. Of course, I have never met you Shakespeare, so I don't know how your Pantac Satch fits on you, but I have rolled with a Wasatch (the exact one that Nasty has. :P ) and a Weesatch.

The Wasatch almost wrapped around me, making the side SAPI adapters or cummerbund useless. The Weesatch fit decently, but there wasn't enough room on my person around the side buckles to comfortable fit the side SAPI adapters.

The Satch series was designed to be both a standalone plate carrier or over-armor chest rigs. My Weesatch I bought in 2007 had extra long straps that could be crossed in the back, making you able to remove the entire back and have it as an X-backed molle vest. Purdy cool.

But as a whole, both of the Satches I wore were disappointing compared to my CIRAS's, EPC, and even my MAV. The integrated mag pouches were neat, but once you started removing magazines, the vest doesn't collapse and becomes flippy floppy. there also isn't enough real estate on the upper chest. (the PALS cuts off a row to incorporate the integrated mag pouches.) and the back panel rides up on the back of the neck.

I didn't intend on this being an in-depth review, or changing the subject, but you're the only person I've seen on here other than me that has tried to figure out a way to add more real-estate to a Satch series plate carrier. It's far easier to sell your original, save the 90 bucks you'd spend on the SIDE inserts, and save up a little bit extra and go with an EPC if you want a comfy, lower profile plate carrier with a cummerbund.
"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."
Patterson
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Tactical Equipment