US 1st SFOD-D/ACE IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS (MIL-SIM)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby Catch22 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Army Compartmented Elements
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Unconventional » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm

They are using Velocity Systems OAV's (Operator Assault Vest), as well.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby danneskjold » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Unconventional wrote:They are using Velocity Systems OAV's (Operator Assault Vest), as well.

Nasty wrote:CAG is mostly running SFLCS kit, meaning the MBAV, as well as the RBAV-SF and the occasional Paraclete RAV. Special Forces are getting good gear nowadays, so mostly gone are the days of cobbled together kits.

What Kong said earlier is right..but I will say that both of you are wrong if you are talking about anything within the last couple of years.

But (white) Special Forces and CAG are not the same thing, and have totally different missions and skillsets. Special Forces specialize in unconventional warfare and foreign internal defense..CAG specializes in direct action. They are the premier hostage rescue and raid unit in the world for a reason - it is their bread and butter!! (within SF there are units that specialize in DA and hostage rescue but they are not as white..google CIF)

I have never seen any evidence to suggest that SFLCS kit was ever used by CAG...I am not saying it wasnt I am just saying what evidence is out there (and there is a decent amount) suggests almost exclusively Paraclete setups from 2000ish-2007.

Paraclete RAVs are at this point outdated and use an outdated armor cut (BALCS/RAV cut). Velocity OAV will not be used for the same reason...its BALCS cut and pretty much everyone is running away from that.

One of the big problems too is that they are performing a variety of missions...what is needed for SR (strategic reconaissance) or DA (direct action) are two TOTALLY different things. Different missions require different gear...the mission drives the gear. If you are coming up with some fantasy kitlist you need to say what type of mission it is for.

There is not a lot of evidence out there as to what they do run...but what is out there is pretty clear that they are running a lot of Crye kit.

Here is what I would say is a HIGHLY EDUCATED (probably very accurate but almost certainly not perfect) guess at what they are running for a DAR raid.

Crye Combat Uniform/ArcTery clothing (in multicam or AOR)
Crye Precision Airframe w/helmet cover(this is verifiable)
Crye Chassis/CPC/JPC (again, this is verifiable)

PVS-23

Lightweight hiking boots (educated guess)

HK416 (verifiable)
variety of accessories which is probably left up to the individual user but I would imagine an Aimpoint T1/EOTech and magnifier + PEQ would be an excellent guess (what evidence I have seen is for EOTech + magnifier and PEQ)
G23 FTF w/red dot (Ranger snipers use G23 and a ton of 75th RR gear and TTPs filters down from CAG)

MBITR Radio
Peltor/Sordins or Silynx
danneskjold
Specops
Specops

Postby MJKramer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Nasty wrote:None of this "I HAVE A RRV AND BLACK SHIRT WITH JEANS ITS DELTA CAUSE THEY CAN USE WHATEVER THEY WANT" rubbish.
hehe, more like "I have a setup of gear to do a specific purpose, and have the freedom to alternate the uniform beneath it to suit my wishes becuase I don't have a Command Sergeant Major walking around smoking people for wearing Khaki's"

a suggestion from Mr. Dummy here... perhaps when people post their own sets, that they maybe specify between Strategic Recon vs Direct Action configurations? more specifically when listing whats in their picture.

I posted an SF thing about Jindo III, that was a Direct Action Low Budget configuration... It will be more complete with a few extra patches (I'll decide later which ones) and a couple different combat shirts (I only have an ACU one).

but the SF/CAG/ACE and such... yeah, what they bring to Iraq to assault a house with a high value target would not be the same as perhaps someone in Afghanistan on a week long hike through the mountains wondering whats out there would have.
thats my understanding.
danneskjold wrote:Here is what I would say is a HIGHLY EDUCATED (probably very accurate but almost certainly not perfect) guess at what they are running for a DAR raid.

NO WAY!!
Remember, diversity makes America wonderful, so our opinions don't have to match!
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mr_kong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I herd some AP people didn't believe my CPC was a CPC:

mr_kong
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Needs more pouches!
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby mr_kong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm

lol maybe...

3 pouches (BFG Trauma kit, MRC quad & EI double 45 FB) are the only additions.
mr_kong
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unconventional » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 pm

danneskjold wrote:
Unconventional wrote:They are using Velocity Systems OAV's (Operator Assault Vest), as well.

Nasty wrote:CAG is mostly running SFLCS kit, meaning the MBAV, as well as the RBAV-SF and the occasional Paraclete RAV. Special Forces are getting good gear nowadays, so mostly gone are the days of cobbled together kits.

What Kong said earlier is right..but I will say that both of you are wrong if you are talking about anything within the last couple of years.

But (white) Special Forces and CAG are not the same thing, and have totally different missions and skillsets. Special Forces specialize in unconventional warfare and foreign internal defense..CAG specializes in direct action. They are the premier hostage rescue and raid unit in the world for a reason - it is their bread and butter!! (within SF there are units that specialize in DA and hostage rescue but they are not as white..google CIF)

I have never seen any evidence to suggest that SFLCS kit was ever used by CAG...I am not saying it wasnt I am just saying what evidence is out there (and there is a decent amount) suggests almost exclusively Paraclete setups from 2000ish-2007.

Paraclete RAVs are at this point outdated and use an outdated armor cut (BALCS/RAV cut). Velocity OAV will not be used for the same reason...its BALCS cut and pretty much everyone is running away from that.

One of the big problems too is that they are performing a variety of missions...what is needed for SR (strategic reconaissance) or DA (direct action) are two TOTALLY different things. Different missions require different gear...the mission drives the gear. If you are coming up with some fantasy kitlist you need to say what type of mission it is for.

There is not a lot of evidence out there as to what they do run...but what is out there is pretty clear that they are running a lot of Crye kit.

Here is what I would say is a HIGHLY EDUCATED (probably very accurate but almost certainly not perfect) guess at what they are running for a DAR raid.

PVS-23

Lightweight hiking boots (educated guess)

HK416 (verifiable)
variety of accessories which is probably left up to the individual user but I would imagine an Aimpoint T1/EOTech and magnifier + PEQ would be an excellent guess (what evidence I have seen is for EOTech + magnifier and PEQ)
G23 FTF w/red dot (Ranger snipers use G23 and a ton of 75th RR gear and TTPs filters down from CAG)

MBITR Radio
Peltor/Sordins or Silynx

Thanks for your contribution...and yes, that is correct, they currently use much of the latest from Crye. And yes, they used Paraclete for several years. And yes, their kit changes based on the needs and mission..etc. From time to time, some of them may use other/alternate kit and do use other kit. No, I'm not wrong on this...hate to burst your bubble. I could go on but I'm not going to, It isn't necessary. I get all kinds of customers from all types of branches and units..etc. Info on what they wear and gear up with runs across me from day to day, via the projects they send to me.

This thread was set up for people that would like top put up the best representation that they have of CAG/ACE...as accurately as possible. That's mainly what it's for.

People...do the best you can with the most accurate representation of a (any) CAG/ACE kit that you can muster...say from 2010 and up. OK? Thanks.

Have a nice day.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby league 4 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 pm

mr_kong wrote:lol maybe...

3 pouches (BFG Trauma kit, MRC quad & EI double 45 FB) are the only additions.

Why does the webbing on the front only have two rows? Is that a size small plate bag?
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby mr_kong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm

No, it's a medium plate bag
mr_kong
Soldier
Soldier

Postby league 4 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Then why does it only have the two rows of webbing that don't go all the way to the edges?
league 4
Specops
Specops

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Who cares?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby mr_kong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Iknorite? it's a CPC.

Here's another picture for the doubters. A set of FR MC came in today, so it gave me reason to take another. :D

Look at the chassis. A very distinct detail not found on any other PC.

league 4 wrote:Then why does it only have the two rows of webbing that don't go all the way to the edges?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but maybe you should look at a stock photo of plate bag again. The oversized US flag should show you the size of the velcro panel on a CPC which is 2 rows of PALS, 1 empty row. Maybe you're not seeing the extra webbing off to the side because it's multicam too.
mr_kong
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Darius137 wrote:Who cares?

rabble rabble rabble rabble.
McNair

Postby league 4 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

I don't think anyone has said it's not a CPC...?

I'm talking about this:

league 4
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment