Ops Core mounts and Sordins?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Ops Core mounts and Sordins?

Postby icebullet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 am

I've been mulling over my comms choices, and I like the Sordin platform much more than the Comtac one.

But I have encountered a problem-

How the hell do I attach them to the ARC rail?

Do I use these? http://www.apdmro.com/3M-Peltor-ARC-p/70071612389.htm

Or will it have to be a custom job? I don't like the band going under the helmet, so I'd like to do this.

Many thanks.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Ops Core mounts and Sordins?

Postby McNair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Go to a game first.
McNair

Postby Orwell » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Usually I think McNair's a troll, but he's right Poebot. The way I see it, if you haven't used the last $50 in gear you bought in a game, you ought not buy another $50.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby icebullet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

HartThrob wrote:Usually I think McNair's a troll, but he's right Poebot. The way I see it, if you haven't used the last $50 in gear you bought in a game, you ought not buy another $50.

I went to a game a few weekends ago...

I've been busy.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mcluvin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

To the OP:
You have answered your own question. The link that you posted is for ARC rail adapters to Sordin comms. If you opened your eyes, there is a slight chance that you wouldn't have made this thread.
forgottensons.webs.com
Mcluvin
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby Snowman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Negative, Comtacs and Sordins have two completely different headband systems. If you'd read the link he gave, you mighta noticed the part where it was made for Comtacs, not Sordins. Neither OpsCore nor MSA make ARC adaptors for Sordins, so you're stuck threading them under, which is better anyway, IMHO.
top lel
Snowman

Postby icebullet » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Wearing them under the helmet is way more uncomfortable than using a pair with these adapters. Pretty much everyone who has actually tried them agrees on that point.

No one makes an adapter to mount Sordins to ARC rails. However, the ones for Comtacs can be modified. Someone did a write up/instructions for them on AFCOM or something like that.

AFCOM? Google isn't really telling me anything.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

Found this on Military Morons, and it's what I'll be doing with my replica Sordins when they get here:

Wearing the FAST with headsets - This is a real neat feature built into the FAST. First, the top comfort pads are positioned in the shell so that there is enough room for the headset band to fit between them. The front of the fitband has two T-studs which ride in channels in the front impact liner. By pulling the center of the fitband away from the front impact liner, the studs are drawn towards the center and the front of the fitband can be detached from the impact liner. The headset band is then slid behind the earphone band and the front if the fitband is re-attached and locked in place to the front impact liner. The headset band remains behind the fitband, and the headset is essentially attached to the helmet. They are donned as a unit, instead of putting on the headset before the helmet. For stand-alone use, the headset is easily and quickly detached from the helmet. The photo below illustrates how the headset headband is captured by the fitment band.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:12 pm

I have no problems using my FAST lid with my Libs. I've removed all the pads and it fits just fine.

There is a way to convert the rail adapters, but it requires a decent amount of work, and you can't use them separate of your lid after you're done.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby icebullet » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:I have no problems using my FAST lid with my Libs. I've removed all the pads and it fits just fine.

There is a way to convert the rail adapters, but it requires a decent amount of work, and you can't use them separate of your lid after you're done.

Hmm.. All right. Well, thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Tactical Equipment